Cottage Rental Suggestions

Sterling

Its been a while, but for the kawarthas we used WRD cottage rentals several times and we were happy every time. They know their properties. Also if you have any special requirements, they can help. We always asked and they knew which places had the best mattresses for instance.

S

Why do you care? Lol get over it...welcome to the board man, as you can see some people choose to get sour over literally anything.

Sterling, I'm not at all familiar with that end of the lake but I do know that they've already began their fall drawdown of the lake and it's came down a fair amount from summer levels. They do this prior to the lake trout spawn now so they dont leave their eggs high and dry like they used to. You may want to call whoever you're renting from and make sure their dock is still usable.

Thank you:)

Still looking! Rental on Kipawa fell through. No follow up from owner :(.

I rent out my cottage and it has availability in October. We have largemouth, smallmouth, splake, pike, and lakers. The fishing is fantastic. In October you can get nice size splake drifting in 30-40 with spoons and catch your limit in bass as well. We have walleye lakes all around us as well which I would be happy to tell you about.

https://www.cottagesincanada.com/oldgoldruss

I rent out my cottage and it has availability in October. We have largemouth, smallmouth, splake, pike, and lakers. The fishing is fantastic. In October you can get nice size splake drifting in 30-40 with spoons and catch your limit in bass as well. We have walleye lakes all around us as well which I would be happy to tell you about.

https://www.cottagesincanada.com/oldgoldruss

Place is beautiful and MASSIVE, thanks for the offer but I require 1 bed only (2 if I can't put the wife on fish), pretty far too! Totally jealous though.

Place is beautiful and MASSIVE, thanks for the offer but I require 1 bed only (2 if I can't put the wife on fish), pretty far too! Totally jealous though.

No problem. I strongly suggest Horwood Lake then since you are only 3 hours from there. We just got back and my belly is stuffed with walleyes.

Still looking! Rental on Kipawa fell through. No follow up from owner :(.

I'm a huge Kipawa fan but it has all been summer fishing. Our best fishing mostly always came at/after dusk, specially for better size as it got later. Can't see fall being any different, except maybe shallower.

Sterling I would suggest you go to http://kipawafishingforum.net/index.php and pose your questions there. For sure there should be someone there who would know about outfitters that would still be open and likely not offer a hunting package.

Cheers

I just got back from Horwood Lake and we did very well with the walleyes. We got into about 20-30 per day for 5 guys jigging. The thing I like about the lake is that you fish it the same summer and fall. Jigging in 20-30 feet.

Well...if that's doing very well I'd stay home.

Sterling we've fished Kipawa mainly late summer for 17 years. This year we caught over 1,200 walleye in six days...so the fish are there. Not sure where you can get a cabin this time of year but the SE end of the lake is off the charts crazy good. Have to know what you're doing as it can be challenging, but when they're on the bite it gets silly.

Good luck...