Cottage Rental Suggestions

Sterling

The wife and I are thinking of getting away for 3-4 days this October.

We've scoured the web and found all sorts of cottages, there are some beauties out there for sure, but a problem is that they're mostly on non-walleye lakes.

Personally I'll go for anything, bass, trout etc (though lakers will be closed soon). But the wife REALLY wants to get into some walleye.

Any suggestions for cottages on (or near) good walleye water? I'm located in North Bay and will travel up to 3 hrs in any direction.

you can air bnb any lake with lots of cottages.

www.airbnb.com

pick any lake you want, there will be a cottage on it. Kawarthas have lots of walleye.

Lac Kipawa?

Thanks, ended up booking on Kipawa via airbnb!

Lake Temiscaming old Mission lodge near Cobalt.

I've fished Temiscaming through the ice, great lake!

call wishin you were fishin on lake temagami

rick and pauline laockhart will take care of you

Thanks Malcolm, I've been to Rick's cabins on Diamond, Mosquito and Temagami. If it was an option I'd definitely drop the cash and go to Diamond. But the lodge is booked solid for hunting season as I understand it. I did a charter with Rick just last week!

What's wrong with the Big Nip ? ? ?

But anyways..........try here but call ahead, don't know if they are open that late in the year. If they are that would be my first choice. Stay right at the main lodge, they have GREAT accommodations.

http://www.airivanhoe.com/drive-in-lodge-cabins.php

I did suggest to the wife that we stay inside and fish Nip, but she'd like to get away. I can catch 20+ walleye in an afternoon on Nip but I'm on 200+ this summer with no keepers. I'll check out the Ivanhoe cabins.

Edited by Sterling

What end of Kipawa will you be on?

Right here: https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Lake+Kipawa/@47.0388729,-79.2547277,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x4d27e15e48ac6895:0x62a8ede63a069a73!8m2!3d46.850485!4d-78.8475469

West arm of the lake in Baie Sale.

I'm doing a ton of research and drafting a plan of attack which I will run by the OFC committee when ready. I imagine the problem at that time will be a potential lake turnover.

Even considered booking a guide on day 1 to get a head start. Joey do you know of anyone reliable in the area?

Bottom line is that if the wife doesn't catch any eyes, I might as well just stay at the cabin this winter!!!

The wife and I are thinking of getting away for 3-4 days this October.

We've scoured the web and found all sorts of cottages, there are some beauties out there for sure, but a problem is that they're mostly on non-walleye lakes.

Personally I'll go for anything, bass, trout etc (though lakers will be closed soon). But the wife REALLY wants to get into some walleye.

Any suggestions for cottages on (or near) good walleye water? I'm located in North Bay and will travel up to 3 hrs in any direction.

Hello Im new here. Glad to be here.

I just got back from Horwood Lake and we did very well with the walleyes. We got into about 20-30 per day for 5 guys jigging. The thing I like about the lake is that you fish it the same summer and fall. Jigging in 20-30 feet.

Hello Im new here. Glad to be here.

I just got back from Horwood Lake and we did very well with the walleyes. We got into about 20-30 per day for 5 guys jigging. The thing I like about the lake is that you fish it the same summer and fall. Jigging in 20-30 feet.

btw: Horwood is in Timmins.

I guess you never used the "edit" feature that all forums have..........not sure why you quoted yourself was even necessary.

Why do you care? Lol get over it...welcome to the board man, as you can see some people choose to get sour over literally anything.

Sterling, I'm not at all familiar with that end of the lake but I do know that they've already began their fall drawdown of the lake and it's came down a fair amount from summer levels. They do this prior to the lake trout spawn now so they dont leave their eggs high and dry like they used to. You may want to call whoever you're renting from and make sure their dock is still usable.