NF NF NF – Krown rust proofing

ketchenany

Many wait till late fall when there swamped, or already had the first dumping of salt, i do mine early usually july/august and Krown does have a deal to try to spread out the customer base to avoid the late fall rush if you are a CAA member you will save some bucks

I use Krown but they are independent dealers and everyone is different, what i would do if your spare is underneath take if off so they can spray the cover shield ie salt protector as loads of salt get between the tire and frame over winter

My Krown in Peterborough is excellent since new ownership and management my 2005 Grand Cherokee is a 2005 and shows NO rust with 180,000 kms

I gave up any kind of rust proofing in the 80's......and now my vehicles are rust free....I can't say that about the ones that were "rust proofed" ...MANY manufactures recommend NOT getting anything done and could even void the rust thru warranty......check before you do anything.

BTW my truck is 9 years 4 months old and no rust whatsoever.

I don't get it mister G. Pretty sure rust proofing is proven effective. How do you prevent rust?

Had a 1975 Olds, '77 Blazer, 80 Pinto wagon, 84 Ford Club Wagon, 89 Impala wagon, which were all "rust proofed" and all got rusted.....in '95 I purchased a Saturn so that basically stopped my rust problem. Then I had a 1995 GMC Safari, 2001 Ford Escape and now a 2007 Toyota and 2009 Honda all which were NOT rust proofed because the manufacture recommended against it. None of which rusted. Sometimes the so called "rust proofing" is actually doing more harm then good because it can clog up important drain holes in panels.

But the biggest thing now a days is the manufactures are using better material in crucial areas, like plastic inner fender panels and or galvanized metal.

Trust me, skip the rust proofing........I was skeptical as you are now but time has proven the manufactures recommendation as good advice.

Some rustproofing such as the hard sprayed on "tar" type film is a bloody disaster. Any chips and cracks allows the winter corrosion in behinds it and then rusts off in large chunks. The wax oil type is much better. As for some auto companies do not recommend it as they have their own system. VW has a 12 year corrosion rust through warranty right from the factory. Everyone has opinions and we all know what they smell like.

Make sure you have someone who knows how to drill holes into your vehicle. My brand new F150 had been done by a Krown location and and the guy put an "outy dent" in my door skin. Then when I call him on it he said it wasn't them. Really now, so I just get a brand new truck and it happens to have a dent from the inside right where you guys drilled a hole? Eventually he agreed and paid for the repair. I still use Krown because I believe in the product, but go to a different location and they are really good.

Rob C

I use the krown in North bay, and they do a fantastic job. By the time they're done, all my doorwells and my engine compartment are freaking spotless and their application is perfect. Conversely, the Rust Check in North Bay did a poor job, took longer, and was more expensive. I think it depends more on your local shop then the franchise, just make sure you get it done.

I have been using Krown for the last 20+ years, my current truck is 11 years old, no rust on any of my vehicles,

You can have it done anytime of the year, product works all the same, Krown says spring is the best time to spray.

It will drip for a couple of days, so if you have a fancy new driveway, park on the street.

Most Krown shops/franchises are good and well trained and do an excellent job, The one on Midwest Rd in Scarborough is very good.

I will not go to the one on Sheppard Ave east of McCowan Rd.

A better proven product is Corrosion Free. Tested by both US and CDN military, it has a much better record.https://corrosionfree.com/

Never heard of them, do they have a marketing plan? I'm in marketing in certain ways.

How many vehicles have you had done? What were the results? I would like to see a 10-year result . . .

Or is the CDN/US army taking us? Do they really undercoat military vehicles? Spend OUR $ on something that may get blown up.

I would like to see the brand guidelines/reviews if you have any? I do understand brand guidelines.

Never heard of them, do they have a marketing plan? I'm in marketing in certain ways.

How many vehicles have you had done? What were the results? I would like to see a 10-year result . . .

Or is the CDN/US army taking us? Do they really undercoat military vehicles? Spend OUR $ on something that may get blown up.

I would like to see the brand guidelines/reviews if you have any? I do understand brand guidelines.

Cdn Tire uses their product, you can buy the cans called http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/rust-cure-formula-3000-0477985p.html .

They also apply it along with a searchable dealership. I had mine done at Ted Shier Auto in Barrie. Two minor drips under truck, nothing lie Krown or Rust check where your driveway becomes an eco disaster. Yes DND actually did the testing.

A better proven product is Corrosion Free. Tested by both US and CDN military, it has a much better record.https://corrosionfree.com/

I was a big Krown fan until a local applier did not protect rubber parts with a silicone spray first, my vehicle appliques and rubber swelled and was damaged, and the owner of the place blamed me saying "your car wash soap went bad and did that damage". (later contacted Simonize who told me the soap had an unlimited life span - shake if frozen at some point) I complained to Krown corporate and the Auto Protection Association who are their boosters and little was done about my damage. After some research, realized that Krown does swell door gaskets and other rubber parts and can harm certain types of wiring harnesses as well.

I switched to Corrosion Free - although research indicates Canadian Tire is not the place to get it done - and have been happy since. Treatment lasts 18 months, no swelling of gaskets, and surface rust has stopped on frame and underbody. For those who don't think at least an under oil spray is useful, consider the damage done to brake lines by the new liquid anti ice stuff they are using on highways now - much more corrosive than 'rock' salt or calcium.

That's the one that has my eye, close to home and the dealer.` Thanks, Paul.

I would also echo that it leaks right after spraying. More heavily for the first couple of days. I had it on my driveway the first year I had it done for 1 day after the spray. Spots everywhere, but they washed off with rain.

I'm a huge fan of Krown. I've have used both their Stoney Creek location and Waterloo location for probably over a dozen years. Very professionally run outlets and I am well satisfied with the results. I'm pretty particular about my vehicles and I like to keep 'em looking good and rust-free. Two thumbs up. Did a great job on restoring my headlights too. They're like new.

I'm a huge fan of Krown. I've have used both their Stoney Creek location and Waterloo location for probably over a dozen years. Very professionally run outlets and I am well satisfied with the results. I'm pretty particular about my vehicles and I like to keep 'em looking good and rust-free. Two thumbs up. Did a great job on restoring my headlights too. They're like new.

Have you had any problems with door seals (affecting the rubber)?