Homemade plastic musky swimbait

landry

I think you would be ok without looping back around. Do you do any prep to the wire before casting so that the lead can bond to it? If not maybe think about it as a strong bond will make it much much stronger than just being embedded in lead.

Thanks for the tips and compliments guys

I will post a video and pics when all done.

It's an evolution right now - tedious step by step kinda thing. In the end I am hoping to airbrush and dip them but that's not until late fall. For now, I wanna take a half dozen prototypes and see if they hold up and catch fish:) they look great in the water.

clean plumbers lead melts fast. scoop the slag off. we use propane tocrh,s and ladles. your system is awesome. just remember,with the lee pots and others clean lead or clogs will come.my friend pours 5000lbs a season. that his greatest problem. tire weights suck lol.. your project looks sweet..

I have pretty much got it ready to go now. New harness design and I made one with a spinner like a HeliDawg. Tested today and they ran amazing with light of heavy lead and the one with the spinner - amazing. You can feel the blade vibrating and the bait still had a great belly roll and thump.

Getting 2 different new plastisols tomorrow and just need to see which firmness is best for the bait.

URL=http://s1233.photobucket.com/user/landrysmith/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_3.jpeg.html]image_3.jpeg[/url]