long but good day - NF but about "gear"

GBW

So my parents place is finally all fixed on the inside now from the spring flood and I lost a few items I kept there. My dad's been going back and forth with the Ins company on replacement items and that's almost done. I had a 7" 'FishTV' camera that was killed and you can no longer buy them new as a replacement unit when it comes down to "like for like". So I gave them 3 options (limited places for my folks to shop so they said Canadian Tire to buy items) to send back as "it's a portable unit for summer and ice fishing". Well today I woke up and when I went to the kitchen I can see something on the floor at the top of the stairs (raised bungalow) so coffee had to wait... The Ins company approved of my one item on the list of three to buy as a replacement... So I now have a nice new Hummingbird PMAX 197C portable fish finder! Cannot wait to test this thing out this winter! http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/humminbird-pmax-197-portable-fish-finder-0790617p.html#srp

Then it was off to North York after lunch. Met a great person off another site and struck a deal on almost all my musky gear. Sad to sell it but I have been off work for a bit with medical reasons so I had to part with it to make some cash. I didn't use any of it this year so it's not a big deal to pass it on to someone else looking for a deal.

One thing I will say is that I HATE the 401 at anytime of day! It's non-stop crazy busy both ways!

It took me over an hour at 4pm to get from Sheppard and Leslie to HWY 7 and Durham 30 and I even took the 407 for a bit. No 401 at all on the trip back to pick up my kids and head home after seeing how packed it was already headed East.

Glad to be home and have my kids this weekend... So how was your day? ;)

Edited by GBW

Good on ya!

My day started off great! Got progressively worse(work related) then even worse(two daughters involved in a high school brawl) then better when my youngest wanted to come out, then WAAAAAY worse to get home to find the wife crying and barely moving after having suffered some sort of back injury????

Then the realization I have to take time off work to watch karsten(our 7 month old) because wifey cant barely even move.

Brutal day

Hahaha nice!!!!

Kar owned our tv yesterday so I watched cloudy with a chance of meatballs like 15 times lol, and some dinosaur shows.

HAHAHAHA!

My daughter liked them I guess because she logged into her netflix account and watched #6 this morning...