PIER FISHING LASTNIGHT

Trevor0179

Went to the pier lastnight and chucked spoons for 5 hours but got skunked I heard two fish were caught a friend of mine had one on but it broke his snap swivel.Definately fish were moving around after 2am once the wind shifted

Heard and seen a few fish jumps. Lost between me and my buddy were 7 glow in the dark spoons and a full reel of line not such a good night but thats how it goes sometimes. Still had a good time with lots of laughs.

I wonder how much tackle is on the bottom of those urban piers? If 2 guys lose 7 spoons and a few hundred yards of line in a few hours multiply that by a few thousand. How does that happen FH?

A bad day or night fishing is better than many things more productive, like being at work. Good on you guys for toughing it out and enjoying it. Even after loosing close to a 100 bucks worth of tackle.

OI, seven is excessive, don't think I've lost that in 30 plus years of shorecasting and pier casting and I live a 3 minutes walk to a pier on the big O. I do recall a bail closing accidently mid cast and 2/5 ounce Cleo sailing into the wild blue yonder. Rotten line could have been the culprit, hence the lost line.