I'm now officially a non-fisherman

lew

Im sorry to read you are giving up fishing. Only you know the decisions you must make. Have fun on the east coast. Send us some pix. Myself - I can't imagine giving up fishing! I've been fishing since about 5 years of age & have no plans of giving up yet. Matter of fact I'll be heading to Horwood Lake in 10 days after my 21 day work schedule at Kashechewan reserve north of Moosonee.

An East coast report would be awesome!!.. we also stop in Drummondville on the way east.. a hotel desk clerk once told us to park near the front door and we always follow that kind of advice.. that and buy gas at the last Ontario station and the first new Brunswick one because the price in Quebec is too high..although the price of beer at the Costco there is right!!..

It's funny, Lew, how life's twist and turns can change a mind set overnight.

A few weeks before Jen passed I took everything work related to airplane out of my shop, stuffed it all into marine containers and went back to my old cars for a different road for my mind to travel. Change is good and it can be healthy to explore new things or in the case of my cars old things that have been neglected for decades.

Enjoy the time and travels with the Mrs ! Be well !

There's always a seat in my boat for you Lew

I'm sure others feel the same

Even though you got rid of all your stuff still tons of offers to get you out for musky. Maybe this fall you can head out to St. Lawrence for chance at true monsters. Cheers!

It's funny, Lew, how life's twist and turns can change a mind set overnight.

A few weeks before Jen passed I took everything work related to airplane out of my shop, stuffed it all into marine containers and went back to my old cars for a different road for my mind to travel. Change is good and it can be healthy to explore new things or in the case of my cars old things that have been neglected for decades.

Enjoy the time and travels with the Mrs ! Be well !

Speaking of old cars Wayne.... how is the Bird coming along.. or did I miss the end result??? :whistling:

Morning boys, I'm currently sitting in a hotel room in Drummondville Quebec and once the Mrs. gets up we'll be heading to Fredericton NB then onto Nova Scotia and PEI.

Anyways, just to clarify, there's absolutely nothing wrong with me and I'm healthy as a horse, infact most days I still feel like I'm 18. I just lost the passion for fishing and have no regrets about packing it in and selling all my gear. I'll still be doing all my normal trips up north with good friends from this board but fishing won't be at the top of the list.

I'm off to find some breakfast now and get ready to hit the road, we've got a long drive ahead of us.

Thanks again, your a good group.

Howdy Lew, I'm glad to read this and hoping we can hook up again next August at Memquisit. We've scheduled the same 2 weeks as before and sure missed it this year. Anyhow, if you're going, whether we fish or not, let's take some nice boat rides and have a few nice dinners with our brides, sit down by the water and just generally Bull. I haven't been on this board in months, and as you might suspect generally don't do FB and the other stuff, but do think of you guys often and I'm very glad everyone is doing well.