A little story Id like to share about my dad! NF

Shloim

Hi folks, I haven't been around much lately as life has been quite busy. I just wanted to share this story about my poor old dad and the pitiful care hes was getting from our province. A man who paid his taxes his whole life and never asked for anything. Well he certainly didnt ask for this!

http://globalnews.ca/news/2931409/elderly-toronto-man-finds-maggots-in-wound-despite-home-nursing-care/

Oh Shloim that's sickening. I could hardly watch the report. How can this happen in what is supposed to be a world leading health care country. Not some 4th world place not on the map. Ontario,

Now I can say that my mother has CCAC visiting her 3 times a week at my parents 89 and 85 respectively for the last 5 years and we have no complaints. She is convalescing at Dundurn Place in Hamilton after falling and breaking her arm the first of July and I can say she is getting "fair" care. They are in no hurry to get her home as they are getting their $1800.00 a month from the province.

I hope someone gets a reaming, not just the CCAC worker that was doing squat for Dad but the management that sits in an office all day long counting money. The management needs to get out in the community and supervise and "manage" as well. I have many relatives and friends in the US. They talk about our "free" health care system. Free, yea right. Just some general info. If you have an elderly parent or relative you must get Power of Attorney for Health care. If not. the Ministry of Health can ship them off to Thunder Bay if they live in Niagara Falls for converlessant care if there isn't anyone to say different. Simplifying here, it is very complicated.

Good on you to get this story out, it's not easily done. I hope that foot of Dad's gets better. Keep us abreast of his progress.

I can now put a face to the name, I pictured you taller and younger. More Tom Selleck than Danny DeVito. I know you can take a joke Bro. Chin up.