Freshwater Jellyfish Have Arrived

Oggie

Out fishing this morning I realized I was looking at thousands of submerged blobs. After looking closely I realized they were jellyfish .....thousands of jellyfish. My camp is on a small (2Km by 1Km) spring fed lake with no inflows. I guess these invaders arrived on a boat hull from the public launch.

After a quick google I realized they're in lots of Ontario lakes. Anyone noticed a difference in their lake after these invaders appeared?

Had a pic of once that I had captured, in an eastern ontario lake, about an inch across, phoned a friend at the OFAH Invading Species Hot line and was told the were pretty harmless, most likely transported on a boat from the US, Pennsylvania seems to be a hotspot for them

Several lakes I fish in Haliburton have them .... Usually see them about this time of year as well I did see some a few weeks ago but last weekend there were many ..... They are about the size of a dime pretty cool to see them moving in the lake for sure but the MNR are not too concerned about them there is a list somewhere which shows what lakes they have been confirmed in and there is more than I thought in Haliburton .... Seems like they are spreading as well