Anyone need a new trolling motor?

Dave Bailey

You sir, have just acquired what we old guys call "experience". Anyone who can laugh at themselves is a welcome member.

HH

Yep quite the "experience" haha. That provided a good laugh at the end of it all (if I was out of pocket I'd probably not be laughing lol).

My wiring to my plug is under 10ft long so 8awg should be fine. The plan was to not rewire completely and use the 8awg and if problems arise and I'm blowing my circuit, upgrade to 6.

But that is all moot now until I stumble on another 24v. The dream still lives. Trying to avoid dropping 2K on a new one but I do have aspirations to upgrade from my 16ft aluminium one day so this might push that dream into reality sooner than later. The old 55lb still gets me by. The ipilot terrova was a nice thought though.. LOL

My wiring to my plug is under 10ft long so 8awg should be fine. The plan was to not rewire completely and use the 8awg and if problems arise and I'm blowing my circuit, upgrade to 6.

I could be wrong, but I don't think that running too skinny of a wire will trip your circuit breaker. It will just make the wire run hotter (hopefully not hot enough to start a fire) and reduce the performance of the motor.