Helix 7 - mounting options

Jds63

After many years of using the portable HBird 535 I upgraded to the Helix 7. Does anyone have suggestions on a removable mounting system ?

I would prefer to not have to drill into my boat for a mounting system so I was looking at some of the Scottys mounting hardware. My boat is a 14 ft Princecraft Yukon.

Edited by jds63

With the ram mounts, can you completely turn them around 180? I'm looking also at a helix 7, for next season, and I wondered if I have it mounted at the console, if I'll be able to turn my head from the front of the boat, and see it.

Thanks

(sorry)

You may have trouble if you are looking at it with polarized glasses. I found that trying to look at a console unit by peering over my shoulder from the bow seat would cause the screen to look black when I had polarized glasses. IF you turned around and looked straight at it, it would be fine.

Mine was an older BottomLine unit. I am not sure if the issue affects all screens. But if the screen and your glasses are both polarized, it will probably have that issue.

I would think that both the Scotty and Ram mounts can be flipped 180 deg. The Scotty unit can be set in 12 positions in 30 deg increments. The Ram may be able to give continuous rotation.

Edited by JohnBacon

I have my HELIX 9 DI mounted on a 6 inch RAM mount in my Lund and I can see it from the front of my boat as it will almost swivel around and the larger ram ball mount it does not move at all and trust me the helix 9 is fairly heavy and no issues just drill a few holes mount it and you are good ..... Advice is get the largest ram mount you can get away with as the 6 inch mount had me almost looking face to face with it as opposed to looking down at it ???