Michelin Defender LTX

lew

Lew seen if that price includes an alignment checknor a half price alignment.

When at active green and ross we would quite often do the align for half price when someone purchased 4 tires felt that strongly about it.

Why gamble a 1200 rubber

What store were you at?

I put on 4 Cooper Discoveries on my 1/2 ton Silverado last winter. An aggressive all season that look like winters. I love them all seasons now. I know you have made a choice but for those looking a great tire for a 1/2 ton 4X4 and no need to change to summers I highly recommend them. Worked all winter and quiet in the summer. I see no significant change in summer or winter mileage compared with the factory supplied all seasons. I think they were Good Year that went 80K. Much, much better on ice and snow by far.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

For anyone interested, I had these tires installed early this morning and after driving only about 25 miles I felt I'd made the right decision in going with the Michelin Defenders. Very smooth and quiet ride at 60 MPH and I think I'll be happy with them.

Timing couldn't have been better either as I found a 1 x 1 1/2 inch tear in the sidewall of one of the old tires. I'm always real fussy with my tires and check them frequently but this tear was on the side facing under the truck and I never noticed it before.

Gonna probably be driving about 3000 miles in the next few weeks so I'm sure glad I didn't have those tires on....whew !!!!

003_1.jpg

Edited by lew

For anyone interested, I had these tires installed early this morning and after driving only about 25 miles I felt I'd made the right decision in going with the Michelin Defenders. Very smooth and quiet ride at 60 MPH and I think I'll be happy with them.

Timing couldn't have been better either as I found a 1 x 1 1/2 inch tear in the sidewall of one of the old tires. I'm always real fussy with my tires and check them frequently but this tear was on the side facing under the truck and I never noticed it before.

Gonna probably be driving about 3000 miles in the next few weeks so I'm sure glad I didn't have those tires on....whew !!!!

Good to hear Lew.

You and Di enjoy your trip north.

Seldom see bad michelins lew. Most I people dont realize that no matter how good there brakes suspension or skills are that small contact patch creatednby the tire is all that connects u to the road

Absolutely 4 contact patches about the size of your hand...

yeah enjoy your holidays .

But to answer your q started with company in 95 at 534 help errolnout on eglington spent restbofnmy time with ken at 1530 and shop on steeles

:) I am guessing we will know a lot of the same people

This past spring I shopped for new tires for my 2011 1/2 ton Silverado at 80,000 KM. I wanted something aggressive without road noise and good value. I shopped hard for a few weeks. I settled on Cooper Discoverer AT/3. All 4 installed and balanced for $800.00 at Caledonia Tire. So far so good. They are not winter rated but I will have no problems with the aggressive tread on them other than catching the odd stone in the tread. I am surprised that there is virtually no humming at high speeds. I highly recommend them.

edit: I bought them even though I hate the 1/2 hour Cooper Tire commercial called " Fishin' Canada".

Edited by Old Ironmaker