Macro attempt

blaque

Insects are what i thought of when i decided to try it out. They are more difficult than i had thought and have yet to get a good tight shot. They dont stand still with a camera lens an inch from their face lol

I did a lot of macro back in the film days, Nikon with an 55mm. Micro Nikkor and either bellows or extension tubes. I would put the insects in the fridge for a while to sedate them down and shoot them in a setup condition like on a twig or something from their natural with a colour backdrop and a main and fill in flash to stop action and use a small aperture to increase depth of field.

I did a lot of macro back in the film days, Nikon with an 55mm. Micro Nikkor and either bellows or extension tubes. I would put the insects in the fridge for a while to sedate them down and shoot them in a setup condition like on a twig or something from their natural with a colour backdrop and a main and fill in flash to stop action and use a small aperture to increase depth of field.

Aha.....i wondered how the insect guys got some of those bugs to sit still.......great tip!! I tried getting a spiders eyes the other day and he kept turning away from me lmao

Edited by Blaque