Now that's customer service.

BillM

Cracked one of the lenses on a pair of Maui Jims a few weeks ago, decided to drop by the store in Mississauga to see if they could swap them out for me. I've had previous repairs at this store and have nothing but great service. I go in, tell the girl what happened and also that the frames are peeling a bit. I sat down for about 30 seconds then she reappears with a brand new set of glasses. I ask how much and she says 'Nothing'. I told her the last time I was in, it was about $80 for a new set of lenses (Installed). She said that she was happy I was still a Maui Jim customer and there was going to be no charge today.

Walked out with a brand new pair of glasses, as happy as a pig in ****. I've got no plans on ever buying another brand of sunglasses. Can't beat customer service like this.

see, some companies 'get it'. it may cost them a few bucks here and there but I'm sure they will get that back in spades from the good word and will that will spread from such kind acts. can't buy pr like this.

btw, musky rod, uglystick or 3 weight fly rod ;)

Edited by woodenboater

• 3 months later...

Resurrecting this thread because I just had a similar experience. I busted the pair of Jim's I bought in the 90's a couple of years ago.

Fast forward to last week and while picking up new reading glasses, I noticed that they carried Maui Jim's and told them of my busted glasses. They asked me to bring them in and see what they can do for me.

$85 later, I have a brand new pair of Jims (they currently retail for over $300!). That's how customers should be treated. They could give

lessons to a number of companies!

HH

Resurrecting this thread because I just had a similar experience. I busted the pair of Jim's I bought in the 90's a couple of years ago.

Fast forward to last week and while picking up new reading glasses, I noticed that they carried Maui Jim's and told them of my busted glasses. They asked me to bring them in and see what they can do for me.

$85 later, I have a brand new pair of Jims (they currently retail for over $300!). That's how customers should be treated. They could give

lessons to a number of companies!

HH

Joe it's two fold. Maui Jim but also the company that even made the offer to 'try'. Good to hear.

Great to hear Bill, I missed the first time around. I too recently had FANTASTIC service from Maui Jim. I bought a pair (non-script) from LensCrafters in July after having enough of the broken $15 jobs. Paid a good buck for the most comfortable pair of glasses I've ever owned and had been taking good care of them. Somehow got a pit mark on the right lens so I stopped into the store for advice. They sent them out for me to the Mississauga office an in 3 days got a call saying they don't cover impact damage, but would do a onetime replacement FREE OF CHARGE!

I was floored! Never expected that at all, and now I will never buy another!

Edited by kenzy31