Organizing plastics.

captpierre

Go to Walmart, buy plastic locking liquid proof Tupperware container for $19.99. It contains 4 or 5 waterproof locking lid Tupperware containers inside useful for rapalas and other tackle. Throw all soft plastics in larges Tupperware. I use the Walmart Tupperware for a lot of my tackle, works great!

You need to decide if you want to keep your plastics in the original bags. I personally do not. Having 30 bags stuffed into Tupperware totes is a nightmare in the boat. I use Plano boxes and have everything in individual compartments and the boxes labeled (tubes, tubes natural, beavers, senkos, etc).

Bass Pro have a canvas type bag withrihgs inside. The rings are similar to what a school three ring binder are like.

Each bag has about a dozen or so individual plastic zip lock bags with reinforced bottoms that have the ring holes punched through.

I have 4 or 5 of these bags that have worms in 2, tubes in another 2 and safety pin type blade baits in the other. You can purchase extra zip lock bags as additional or spares.

Edited by Tom McCutcheon

Can't keep Gulp out of the bag.

Will dry out. No?

Gulp is one thing I don't keep in Tupperware or bags. Gulp tubs leak, pretty much always. Plano sells an aftermarket gulp container that doesn't leak for $10. I dump a tub of whatever gulp into it and then keep all my gulp in the boat in the one tub soaking in juice, except the maggots and micro baits. I also have one of those bass pro bags mentioned above for the odd time I go bass fishing. I keep it for rubber worms and tubes, creatures etc. it works pretty good as well, mind you I don't use it much. Edited by porkpie

I used plano boxes in my tackle bags, depending on the water I was fishing it made it easier to plug in the usual tackle and lure necessities for a given lake, never dealt with gulp, so no ideas there.

I kept jigs and metal items in a separate plano box from items like soft plastics containing salt, it can rust some metal pretty quickly. Crankbaits and hard plastics got a separate box, most don't mix well with soft plastics.

I had days where I could go thru an entire 15 or so count bag of one color of tubes, worms, lizards, so I kept extras of the most dominant colors in their original bags in the boat storage compartments.

Depends entirely on how seriously you take your fishing and how much you are willing to spend on certain aspects of it? I bought some tubes, lizards, worms, in lots of 100, some came in smaller lot bags and some didn't. For a week or two vacation I packed a lidded 5 gallon bucket to leave in the cabin in case I needed spares.

I usually have 15-20 packs of plastics in my boat at all times and yes some days a dozen of one type of plastic is like easy to go through...I use the plano waterproof boxes for most but ya the gulp stuff leaks like crazy and I will put them in a freezer lock bag,not the cheap ones and it works way better and keeps stuff fresh....I counted most a week ago and I have about 80 packs of plastics and about 14 boxes that I keep them in.... lol

I found clear plastic boxes like this at Home Depot recently. They were around $1 each and come with a lid. Might not be the most durable, but the bags stand up in them perfectly. You can fit 20+ bags in a box.

How do you guys store your plastics?

Jigs, tubes etc.

Got at least 10 bags. Gulp. Etc.

Thinking of a plastic box 7 inch wide 5 inches high. maybe a foot long.

Who makes such a thing?

Bass Pro have a canvas type bag withrihgs inside. The rings are similar to what a school three ring binder are like.

Each bag has about a dozen or so individual plastic zip lock bags with reinforced bottoms that have the ring holes punched through.

I have 4 or 5 of these bags that have worms in 2, tubes in another 2 and safety pin type blade baits in the other. You can purchase extra zip lock bags as additional or spares.

Agree 100%

I have 5 large and one medium scattered between a BPS Extreme Qualifier 370 and 360. The large bags are hungry hungry hippos and can hold a lot of plastics. I have my bags set up to holds one style of plastic, such as beavers, tubes, worms etc. etc.The medium makes an awesome spinnerbait wallet. Order extra bags....

http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops-Extreme-Worm-Binders-Large/product/1206011118/

http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops-Extreme-Medium-Worm-Binder-or-Replacement-Pages/product/12042405182739/

Good luck in your decision,

Drop.

Plano Box. It's a deep box with no internal compartments. Works great. A Tupperware-type container would be just as good, but the Plano has the right dimensions (identical to 3700 but just taller) to fit in my tackle bag.

2373101_1.png

I also have a nice Browning bag that I use sometimes if needed. They are great bags.

BR1210MWSB-2T.jpg

Edited by adempsey