Optimax issue - Fuel regulator diaphragm

Dan668

Just for my own information, can you describe in more detail exactly what it's doing/not doing?

I have a 2007 135 Opti with starting running issues which no one seems able to diagnose or fix.

It will start, but won't continue running until after the third or fourth try. It's done this for about the last 5 years.

Almost like it's not getting enough fuel, but everything has been cleaned or changed out. Battery is good with 1000 CCA and just under 14 volts reading prior to turning it over. New hoses and vacuum ball, new fuel/water separator every spring, correct fuel with Stabill added every fill up. Just wondering if it could be the same issue as yours.

​It always starts eventually, but I am more concerned with the amount of times it has been turned over and it wearing on the starter.

Essentially, mine would die right after first start up cold.Only way to get it running would be to rev the motor in neutral for a split second and then after its perfectly fine, no issues from idle to wot. Or i could crank it for like ten seconds and it will stay running. If its still hot it starts up no problem. The diaphragm is a common problem in optimax motors, i inspected the fuel side, not air, high psi spring inside.

Edited by dan668