The HIP @ 8:30

GBW

So tonight is the night that The Tragically Hip play one last set. Live for all to see from Kingston! I have seen them perform 3x in the past and I'm far from a fan but I think I'll be watching it in some way tonight.

Saw them once years ago, in Wiarton of all places. Never appreciated it then as much as I should've, went down to gage park in Hamilton to watch it with a couple thousand others, screens weren't as big as I expected they'd be so I shot home to continue it lol

its one thing to walk away on your own, its another to walk away because you are forced to, sad day in the music world. wish i could have watched them live in person, but seeing them live on tv is the next best thing. i've got recorded on pvr to watch again.

a good read http://www.cbcmusic.ca/posts/11589/the-true-tragic-and-inspiring-canadian-stories-beh

We played it in a buddies yard on big screen through our P.A System. 1800 watts of hip blasting. It was amazing!! When the show was over we broke out the guitars and jammed another 20 or so hip songs around the fire. Amazing night. Im surprised you couldnt hear us at your place GBW. It was LOUD!!!

Great show..Wow just wow..Gordo was pushing real hard the first couple of songs, but after he relaxed his voice BOOM there it was. Not gonna lie I did shed a tear or 2. Man he sure likes Mr.Trudeau doesn't he..that was the best 3 hours of my summer right there..

Watched the show at home with my wife and we were glued to the tv. Soaked up every moment, and loved it. We passed up some invites from friends for backyard viewings, I just didn't want any distractions to actually watching the performance. We were also lucky enough to see them at the London show, just 6 rows from the stage - I feel so lucky for the chance to see them one last time. For me last night, 'Boots or Hearts' really stood out, it sounds great live, and always gets the crowd bumping...I get goose bumps thinking about it.

Edited by Beavertail

I went down to the Horseshoe Tavern here in Toronto to watch the show. They couldn't have fit another person in the place. It felt really special and I was floored that he could get through Fiddler's Green. The night ran the full gamut of emotions, for sure.

CBC says 11.7 million Canadians watched, listened to, or streamed at least part of last night's Tragically Hip concert in Kingston. And don't think that counts all the people at the "parties" that took place. I bet more than 11.7M people...

The Hip has quite a hold on us Buffalonians as well........saw them a few times. Last one was out in the pouring rain on the shores of Lake Erie. Little did i know that would be the last time.

I watched the CBC show, and many around me were welled up quite a few times. I was hoping to hear pigeon camera, but knew that probably wasnt going to happen with all the other songs they had to get in. Hopefully he gets an extended stay with us and is one of the 10%'ers that can make it 5 years vs a number of months

Also turned down a couple of invites to stay at home and watch it with my wife - Maybe I should've gone out, seemed to be a LOT of dust in my house getting in my eyes at various points. Very bittersweet. What an amazing gift to Canada from the band. What impressed me most was Gord's defiance whenever the subject of death came up in his lyrics. Watch him in 'Nautical Disaster' when he hits the 'it's not a deal nor a test nor a love....' line.

Like everyone, hoping that he gets to live another bunch of years, not just months. Also loved his message - be compassionate and care about all Canadians...

what a show...was even more cool because my best friend and the captain of my hockey team were constantly featured dancing, and at the very very end of the broadcast crying on national TV ahhaa. cant say i didnt get stuff in my eyes and a weird unexplainable clump in my own throat sitting in my living room.

Gord's a friggin legend.