Finally broke my GBAY curse

misfish

Caught lots of GBAY salmon in the tribes, but never down rigg,n.

I have been out there down rigging about 10 times now. Every time were out there, were marking fish and well, they just wont hit. Terry figured it out a couple of weeks ago, and I couldnt wait to get out and give it a try again.

We arrive just in time for us to enjoy a beautiful sun rise.

DSCF3302_zpsngby7aay.jpg

DSCF3306_zpsemdzagcl.jpg

Even the moon was still out as we left port.

DSCF3307_zpsjl80knqy.jpg

It put a positive vibe into both of us, for a great promising day of fishing.

We get to our location and it,s the same as all the other times, marking lots of bait and big fish in and out of them. EXCITED.

I had grabbed my winter steelhead set up for today. Then it dawned on me when I started to rig it up,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,OH OH, 8 lb Maxima. Oh crap. LOL

DSCF3311_zps4xyde1ca.jpg

None the less, get it rigged and dropped.

After a few hours of switching up combos. Main line lure and stacker, we were yelling at the fish gods. Why? Why? Why? Bite ya buggers.

After about another hour or so, I grab this orange silver RAK spoon. Look at it and say, your the last one. Throw it on,no stacker this time.

As I lower it down, I see a pack of fish at 90 fow. We have been running our lures through the fish all morning. This time I was going to set it up above them. So I stop it at 70 fow.

Take a seat and I was back up as fast as I sat down. I start reeling and it feels light. Small fish. Thats when I guess, it realized it was hooked up and started dogging. Over to the right and down, over to the left and down further. After about 15 minutes, it gets close to the boat. I knew I was playing with 8lb, so I just played the fish. Down it went again. I just waited it out and then made back my ground.

There it was, a chinny swimming back and forth of the boat. Terry grabs the net, I go right, he goes left, Then I go left, he goes right, then goes to net, Me bad, Didnt hold it close enough. Miss. One more slow sweep of the rod and in the net and out pops the lure. WHEW.

It would be the only fish of the day, but a streak that has been broken.

When I got home and cleaned it, the meat was a real nice red colour.

Thanks again buddy, for another fun outing.

DSCF3309_zpsbq0ra8at.jpg

Weekend looks like a wet one.

Thanks fellas.

Nice, the Huron fish seem a bit ahead of the lake o fish as far as colouring up.

Funny you say that. This fish was caught miles away from any river.

My first words to Terry was, man, this fish should be in the river with this colouring.

Beautifulllll, Brian and Terry. Great pics, great sunrise and super nice fish! Congrats.

Thanks brudder.

Fantastic report and pics Sir. But I didn't know you could put a downrigger on a Toon. If anyone could figure how it would be the Toon Titan.

I could probly do dipsys and lead core, but down rigg,n ? That would take HULK leg power.

nice markings on that one. light lines produce for the patient man. :clapping:

We do run 10 with the long rods for lakers, so Im use to it. :whistling:

Thanks Rick.

Edited by Brian B