Heat Wave August Bass Report + Video

MCTFisher9120

Hello everybody once again on OFC. It's always a fun to sit back after a great week of camping and fishing in North Eastern Ontario. Weather was hot for day 1 then it cooled off for 2 days slightly. After that temps were cranked as I'm sure many of you already know. Water temps started at 74-80 degrees and rose to 80-89 degrees. Water levels were also very low so my shallow frog bite I was hoping for was gone. I did manage to get a few fish pitching the TRJ in the pads and however 95% of everything else came on a 3/4oz and a 1oz flipping jig. Couple jerk bait fish as well through the week but only one of decent size.

We had engine issues with my rope start, got things fixed up the next day but lose a evening and fished with the electric for a morning found a pair of smallies no braggers but still didn't want to waste a hour or two on the lake. Enjoy the pictures, was a tough bite for my dad this week he did manage some small ones and 2 decent fish. Weather sucked on the way home all of our tents and camping gear came back soaked as we packed up in the rain. Lot's to do tomorrow drying everything out and the usually work after a camping trip.

Day 1 I was invited out to fish a small tournament with a couple of guys. First was 16lbs last was 10lbs I had 14.88 for 5 if I remember correctly. 4 good ones I caught and a dink we couldn't get rid of before 2pm.

Aw2lHLm.jpg

Later in the evening the bite slowed found a couple smaller largies.

80fDmq0.jpg

Next day was tough started searching the "spots" found some nice fish and one of the bigger largies of the week.

YXiVgSd.jpg

Got to love that pitch into the pads then the mean fish that jets out to the boat. Was a fun fight managed to get it on the GoPro

buE03BA.jpg

Great way to wake up in the morning. Caught smaller fish every morning finally a nice smallie took the jerk bait.

zwaPDDa.jpg

Solid fish gonna be huge one day very healthy. Morning Jig bite.

jCaCH5B.jpg

Smallmouth on the jig. Unreal fight managed to swing this one in as it jumped beside the boat.

Pq8HJFX.jpg

As always we found a bowfin. Fun fight but still a drag when bass fishing.

ZsF7M2p.jpg

Lot's of smaller fish shallow found this 3 later on. Decided to abandon the pattern and switch to just the deep weed and banks.

Y2u8B7W.jpg

My trip down the bank out front of camp before making a coffee and getting the motor fixed. No braggers but glad to be out.

D2vxsNn.jpg

Finally got onto some deep main lake fish. Produced just a few the first day but next day we had a blast for 2 hours putting about 10 in the boat on the jig. Dad found some on his 10" worm as well.

o4SwDfZ.jpg

One for dad

QB12VBu.jpg

The next day when we hit the spot took a few pics 1 big one but solid fun.

q5UKINk.jpg

Another

eb701GB.jpg

Loving the jig bite

K9vSG49.jpg

The reward for sticking around

qHiKDY6.jpg

Dad enjoyed one big fish also

zooNYwd.jpg

Last 2 days were the hottest and the toughest. Wish I got to fish today when the temp dropped and the rain came but good test to my patience and man did i drink water.

4ckCF9q.jpg

Another chunk happy to get a bite

Mbc1se4.jpg

Little better fish off the weed edge

aSje6Bi.jpg

Last day was tough but caught some smaller fish in the morning and before packing up for the day we headed out and found just 2 fish but one was the big fish for the week. Awesome end to a great vacation.

NlinqzW.jpg

Perfect end to my day. Such a strong fish not a nickel but o so close.

1lqa4Nl.jpg

Thanks for reading everybody. Looking forward to the next trip when temps are cooler and i take my mom and brother out for a week.

I'll miss this for a few weeks no better sight to see in my mind.

WMNUU4J.jpg

And our GoPro edit from the trip. A couple picture fish in this clip lot's of smaller bass but lot's of fun to edit and put together.

https://youtu.be/qXpy2QMia6k

Tightlines

MTBF

Edited by MikeTheBassFisher

Thanks for the comment's guys trip was tough but still relaxing and a blast. Hardest part was lasting those 4-8 hours in the boat but a bite a hour was all it took to keep me in the heat.

Wicked Mike!!!

Lotsa beauties in there! Looks like a blast!

Can Dad fit 1 more yard of line on that spool

We keep our reels full yes. I'm not one to cheap out on line so full spools 1/8th of a inch from the level part of the spool. The 45degree lip is to reduce friction and create those super long casts. Dad reels slow so fuller spool means more line pickup not much but hey what ever works. Glad he caught a nice fish.

Here is my GoPro edit from the week. No picture fish but 2 or 3 in this but constant Jig action.

https://youtu.be/qXpy2QMia6k