Wicked storm -Kawarthas and east.

captpierre

May have been a tornado down the road from us in omemee ? ..... It came through sturgeon lake big time lots of torrential rain thunder and lightning yes we were under tornado warning for a while and it got nasty but made it through pretty good some branches down and a dock or 2 got flipped ...... Oshawa & omemee and now seems like Brampton as well as port bolster had tornadoes lots of damage appearing on Facebook I see as well as news reports

We finally got a few hours of steady rain for the first time this year. The strangest thing this AM. So we get a few hours of rain last night and at 10 this morning we have 60% green lawn. Next door too. That is strange. It was golden brown yesterday with green patches. We have cut the lawn a grand total of 3 times this year. Because I broke down and bought my wife a new lawnmower that will start on 1 pull.

Yep she really is good at it. Now the truth, I don't cut it right. No pattern. That's just fine with me, I quit a few years ago. But seriously the lawns and ditches are green today, not Masters green but not yellow like all year.

I had to get over the ocd of a perfect lawn when are kids took over.

I dont know what goes through their heads but the way they cut are lawn is borderline crazy???

I was out in Calabogie at a Blues Fest with my wife on the weekend. We decided to duck into the tent for a sleep during the heavy down pour then crawled out after things died down. The neighbour said the whole area of the camp was evacuated and moved into the hotel during the weather watch. LOL My wife and I slept right through it and didn't hear anything about an evacuation.

I was out in Calabogie at a Blues Fest with my wife on the weekend. We decided to duck into the tent for a sleep during the heavy down pour then crawled out after things died down. The neighbour said the whole area of the camp was evacuated and moved into the hotel during the weather watch. LOL My wife and I slept right through it and didn't hear anything about an evacuation.

Musta been good whatever you were doing in the tent ?

I got Debbe a lawn mower years ago for mothers day. Don't know how many pulls it takes to start it. I'll have to ask her the next time she's cutting the grass :rofl2:

I got Maribeth a riding mower when we moved up here but she can't stand the smell of gasoline or exhaust...LOL