How to secure a plastic jig?

captpierre

I use dollar store crazy glue with texas rigged senkos. Dont see why that wouldnt work with grubs.

Rig the grub, pull it down from the head a bit, couple of drops of glue, then thread the grub back up. Glue cures real fast.

Added benefit is using the pill type bottle the tubes of glue come in the store hooks.

I use the glue that comes 3-4 small tubes to a bottle.

If you really want a grub (or any plastic) to last, put a small drop of glue on two spots: where the grub touches the jig head, and where the hook exits the grub body. Pre-rig a few before you hit the water, so you don't get all messy with the glue when the bite is hot.

Exactly what I do.

I have 6 or 8 that I fish heavely and always have them pre rigged

I kinda like the plastic slipping on hits... Confirms hits over rocks for me... Drifting jigs at 1mph down the st Lawrence I've felt some fishy rocks lol

I find the tail bitten off confirms the eye are munching lol

Anybody have ideas as to secure a plastic grub on a regular jig head? Especially Gulp?

If it's not the panfish, it's the weeds that pull it halfway off every second cast.

I've heard crazy glue. How exactly do you use it?

I used to do the glue routine....then I discovered lunkercity lunker grip jigheads. Have not used glue since 2002. Do a google search and check out there jigheads. Marks wormwarehouse in Caygeon has been ordering what I want for years. I use unpainted 1/32 heads for all my panfishing and whatever colours I choose for larger size heads. Besides the grub/plastic holding properties of these heads which is excellent...I dare you to find a better hook sharpness or quality then these products.

Seriously have a look and forget about using glue...cause you won't need it with these jigheads.

Edited by crappieperchhunter

I used to do the glue routine....then I discovered lunkercity lunker grip jigheads. Have not used glue since 2002. Do a google search and check out there jigheads. Marks wormwarehouse in Caygeon has been ordering what I want for years. I use unpainted 1/32 heads for all my panfishing and whatever colours I choose for larger size heads. Besides the grub/plastic holding properties of these heads which is excellent...I dare you to find a better hook sharpness or quality then these products.

Seriously have a look and forget about using glue...cause you won't need it with these jigheads.

Haven't used big ones but these are the best panfish jigs I have used

Hey. These look great.

Weedless types too.

Will check them out.

Thanks!!