Pigeon Lake bathtub.

captpierre

High temps have kept me from musky fishing for well over a month now. Well at least I'm getting lots of firewood cut...

eww

my buddy with a place on buckhorn just east of the ganny is pretty much done with it..says the water is just gross

with water temps that high maybe we will end up with florida 10lb bass

Edited by AKRISONER

High temps have kept me from musky fishing for well over a month now. Well at least I'm getting lots of firewood cut...

Caught a 36 incher last evening jigging for eyes.

Most fight I've seen in a Muskie in a long time.

Diving, jumping. Wouldn't give up. Swam away strong after unhooking too. Hope it survives

Caught a 36 incher last evening jigging for eyes.

Most fight I've seen in a Muskie in a long time.

Diving, jumping. Wouldn't give up. Swam away strong after unhooking too. Hope it survives

smaller one definitely has a way better chance than the old brutes. I dont think a mid 40 musky would survive being caught in that temperature no matter how fast the fight, and how perfectly and fast you release it.

I'm glad someone other than me mentioned the warm water and high mortality rate of Muskies...

Personally, I put my Muskie gear away three weeks ago.

I don't have a problem with folks who catch one at this time of year so long as they realize the fragile nature of the beast and release it in the water without the obligatory out of water photo op.

Most will recover, however as Akrisoner stated some won't no matter what we do. A few years ago, in mid summer, I personally spent about an hour with a fish wading in shallow water holding it up right, until it swam off on it's own.

I'm leaving tomorrow morning for a 2 week musky trip to the West Arm of Nippissing and aren't liking the conditions I'm hearing with these crazy hot water temps. Air temps are sposed to drop into the 70's up there starting in a day or 2 so hopefully that'll bring the water temps down too.

I'm glad someone other than me mentioned the warm water and high mortality rate of Muskies...

Personally, I put my Muskie gear away three weeks ago.

I don't have a problem with folks who catch one at this time of year so long as they realize the fragile nature of the beast and release it in the water without the obligatory out of water photo op.

Most will recover, however as Akrisoner stated some won't no matter what we do. A few years ago, in mid summer, I personally spent about an hour with a fish wading in shallow water holding it up right, until it swam off on it's own.

Saw a floating musky last weekend on Sturgeon. No boat marks on it, figured it was a poor release. Sad to see. Tried to revive it but it was to late.

What's a bass & walleye Tom ? LOL

Bait......

Have a great trip Lew. and say hello to your old boat..

We will be heading up to the French (Wolsley Bay) just after Thanksgiving for a week and the temps should be good again by then. In fact each year for the past 4, we have had at least one day with snow and sleet during our stay.

Edited by Tom McCutcheon

The Muskie pros are telling people not to fish for Muskies now as its death temps for them ..... And even the cold clear deep lakes of northern Haliburton where I fish are getting warm a lot warmer than I have seen in many years .... Even with all the high cold water they had all spring and early summer a lake I fished the other day was 79 no gross water up there yet but yes here in the Kawarthas it's gross ...... A lot of algae

These warmer temps sure make for great largemouth fishing ! Stellar season so far. 3 fish over 6 and multiple over 5 boated this year for us

no pictures, it didn't happen :)

yeah, LMB fishing has been good.

otter_zpsnmptavf1.jpg

If I see a dead fish or a seagull pecking at something floating, I always boat over and check it out. Lots of common white suckers belly up in my area, I don't know what that's about.

The walleye in my area aren't coming in shallow at all, even after dark. It's all 18 FOW or more. If that's the case on Pigeon Captain, that should help you eliminate a lot of water.

I call this the season that never was. Levels here on Erie are high. We have 2 feet of beach where we normally have 20'. I have caught a grand total of 3 pics. Not 1 Erie jumbo, not 1 this year. Get this, water temp at 75 feet deep is 75F. Not even the Pic gurus are catching fish.

I have caught more fish when I lived in downtown Hamilton and didn't have a boat or a clue.