Checked out some new waters

misfish

Google map is my friend, Yes sir. I wanted to check out a lake this morning. I found the road I was looking for, but had a big sign, PRIVATE ROAD. Then seen a sign, DONT FORGET TO PAY YOUR ROAD DUES.$100. So that plan got put on the back burner. CRAP. I could see the lake and it looked so inviting. Way to early to be knocking on doors, so headed down the road and found another lake and a spot to slip the toon in. This spot screamed large mouth. Yes they were there, but not in the big size. Many in the 2 pound range.

What a beauty of a spot.

Some pics to share

DSCF3284_zpsstrrylfz.jpg

DSCF3285_zps1apklxxt.jpg

DSCF3288_zps5awk3mwm.jpg

DSCF3290_zpsm7ldaxma.jpg

Top water again would not get them, so slow rolled a spinner bait just outside the lilly pads, and boiled it through the pads. Seem to be the ticket to get some to play.

All were pretty much this size, Fun morning.

DSCF3286_zps46yye0x3.jpg

Geoff, your lake is on my September list. Will probly be a Thursday visit. Will let you know. There is another one thats out that way I want to hit too. I have a place to camp out if need be, which is a bonus. Not like the Ram sucks gas, also Im up early enough to be at most lakes within a couple of hours, before the sun awakes .LOL

Yeah Brian let me know as if it's not a kids weekend for me then I tend to have a Thurs off as I'm forced to work the non-kid's weekends. I'll be there from Aug 21 to 24 (maybe even 25th) if your plans change.