Favorite brand of fluoro for leaders? (bass)

Tjames09

Largemouth in weeds or wood you don't need a leader. No need to introduce another point of failure. On super clear conditions under docks with a slow sinking bait 20lb flouro lead. BPS Extreme or Sunline.

Smallmouth with jerkbaits 10 or 12 lb flouro lead to keep the trebles from snagging onto the braid. Dropshoting 8 or 6 or 4 lbs flouro.

agreed on the no leader need when fishing heavy heavy cover...

otherwise though if there are substantial pike on the lake im running 20lb.

Im sorry but P-line is trash! throw it out. just my experience.

Dont even get me started on what im using fly fishing though..the best fluro you can buy...and also the most expensive...fluroflex +

the stuff is by far the most supple, low memory line I have ever used

agreed on the no leader need when fishing heavy heavy cover...

otherwise though if there are substantial pike on the lake im running 20lb.

Im sorry but P-line is trash! throw it out. just my experience.

Dont even get me started on what im using fly fishing though..the best fluro you can buy...and also the most expensive...fluroflex +

the stuff is by far the most supple, low memory line I have ever used

Ya I found the Pline fragile, maybe because its 8lb. I was only using the leader with finesse style stuff and walleyes and muskies seem to like anything and have been eating our finesse baits as well. Had a few line breaks from toothy critters.

Ya I found the Pline fragile, maybe because its 8lb. I was only using the leader with finesse style stuff and walleyes and muskies seem to like anything and have been eating our finesse baits as well. Had a few line breaks from toothy critters.

I have PLINE FC 8lb on two of my tube rods, not as leaders. I dont spool the whole thing with it it. Just half. I use old braid for backing. I have been using it for over 6 years. Never had an issue. I also use 10-12 for jerk baits. Again, never an issue. Also like it for leaders on my ice fishing rods.

if you are on a lake with pike...go 20lb fluro

i started and ive only been bit off by absolute monsters. (lost a true giant PB gator trying to get it up the hole this winter :( ) just remember to retie if a pike nicks your line.