Hard Side Campers

DRIFTER_016

So you thought you would go out and get yourself a nice little camper as you like to camp but there are many bears in your area and you don't feel safe in a tent. Good thought, but it seems that nice little camper isn't much of a deterrent to a bear!!!!!

They only seem safer!!! :whistling:

13631451_10154347527931465_8001733247467

Beans 'n beer - that'll do it every time! (think "natural gas" if'n ya didn't get it)

Seriously though, I do hope it was unoccupied when said bear dropped by! What a mess!

Michael

From what I read the guy was not there at the time.

It was in Northern BC. Looks like the grizz was being territorial as it also destroyed his out house!!! :w00t:

I had same exact trailer and it looked a LOT worse then that after a big wind storm hit it......nothing but the floor was left. Lucky no one was in it at the time. I really like that trailer too.........had great times in it while fishing and or hunting out of it.

Those trailers aren't built that sturdy.. even a black bear could get into one if they so desired.. I would imagine that food could be motivating factor..lol.. when I go moose hunting we stay in a converted car trailer which is much sturdier but if the bear was really determined it could get in.. good thing they are pretty much in bed by the time we go...

I've seen the wreckage first hand. Camp owner stored bear bait in an empty cottage.

Bear ripped right through the siding and wood, creating a hole big enough to climb in.

He lived in there for a while until the camp owner went to pick up more bait for his bear stands and saw the mess.

Not sure if that was the new rug in camp ? :whistling:

Up near my friend's camp at Ramsey Lake a few years ago, there was two elderly guys sleeping in a trailer like that, A year old black bear tore the door right out of the wall in the middle of the night and came in for a visit. They managed to shoot it but momma bear wasn't far away and wasn't too happy apparently. The guys were rattled to say the least and spent the rest of the night hiding in their old station wagon up the road. We found them still hiding when we went out for a quad ride the next morning. The trailer was toast but I don't think it matters, they won't be camping any more.