Lily pad bassin'

kickingfrog

Had a part day for a fish before a family bbq. Ryan's request was bass in the pads. It was early, cloudy and not my first choice but at this point I'm not fishing as much for me anyway so off we go.

4:15am wake-up and on the drive Ryan proposed a challenge of: mouse, frog or sunfish. Each of us would use our choice of lure and see how things went. Ryan picked mouse, I sunfish and my brother went frog. Things started to go sideways right away as I landed small bass on my 2nd and 3rd casts. The competition ended a short time later when I landed 2 more small bass on consecutive casts again. Unfortunately that was it for fast action and between 7am and 12 not much happened. In the last spot Ryan finally got the hooks into a bass and got it out of the pads and grass. That was as good a way of ending the trip as could be and it was time for slip-n-slides, trampolines, squirtguns and a cold beer for the adults.

DSCF2983_zpsuxi3tt9g.jpg

DSCF2986_zpsekoty65l.jpg

By the 3rd one Ryan wouldn't bother to stop for a photo.

DSCF2984_zpspxwepqqn.jpg

And the 4th bass went back sans photo as my photographer was switching to a sunfish.

Slow fishing ensued.

First pike on a sunfish... well a quarter of a pike.

DSCF2987_zps0fdtiexi.jpg

DSCF2989_zpsjggxc3a3.jpg

He insisted on being in the photo all by himself.

DSCF2991_zps4x1a2ag7.jpg

On a frog.

DSCF2992_zpsn5enwoav.jpg