Smartcast Humminbird Rf-35

eggshen

:santa: asking for this castable fish finder for christmas! i hope i get it. I don't have and can't get a boat ever, so this thing must be good for casting from shore to survey. I'm always curious about depth and knowing if there are fish around...

:Gonefishing:

Anyone else have this or heard of it?

RF - 35

Edited by Egg Shen

I have one

I found that it was off by about 8 ft I was in 15 ft of water and it said I was in 22ft

it showed weeds when I could see a sand bottom

and showed fish most of the time....in a swimming pool

I know others have found them wonderful

but I would not be one of them

Bought one for my husband (ccmtcanada) as an early Christmas present. We have had good luck with ours. That said, be sure you really understand the warranty information and return policy. I gave him his early because there was only 6 days for the return if he hated it or it didn't work and the warranty is 6 months. Send ccmtcanada a PM, I am sure he would be happy to give you his thoughts on it :)

blyght

I bought one RF35 from the Sportsmen show last year it worked great. Saw fish on it and tried fishing right in that spot where I saw there were fish and sure enough there was. Turns out to be browns down. Picked up weeds also. Plus it has a fish alarm. Sounds when it picks up fish. Which I didn't know it had. It can also show fish as a fish ID feature or sonar markings which ever you prefer.

The sale person told me you can use it for hardwater. But on the box that it came in, strictly doesn't recommend it.

I had a great time with it til I cast it over a wooden dock and made it back 5 times til the 6th cast it got caught on a sliver of the wooden dock and broke me off. :blush:

Does any know I can get the transducer part alone? And for how much? :unsure:

dsn

I received one for a Christmas gift last year. I use it in my kayak and have been very impressed with it. I attach it to a nylon musky leader and drag it beside the yak. It has been bang on accurate in the rivers and lakes that I have fished. The batteries do seem to go pretty fast though. I only use it while drifting or when I'm trolling and want to keep an eye on the depth that I'm paddling in. When I'm fishing visible structure or a shoreline, I pull it back into the kayak and turn off the watch to save battery life.

Is the rf35 sold at BPS? My wife was looking for a xmas gift for me, says they have a model there but does not come with the wrist watch display, rod mount only. I thought the rf35 had both?

BPS sells a model for 150 bucks,

EXTRA or REPLACEMENT TRANSDUCERS are sold there for around 30 bucks. Told the battery should shut dowm when out of the water. Also says on the box, not to be usd in below freeezing temps. Not good if you plan to use them for searching steelies on a winter drift!!!! :unsure:

Is the rf35 sold at BPS? My wife was looking for a xmas gift for me, says they have a model there but does not come with the wrist watch display, rod mount only. I thought the rf35 had both?

BPS sells a model for 150 bucks,

EXTRA or REPLACEMENT TRANSDUCERS are sold there for around 30 bucks. Told the battery should shut dowm when out of the water. Also says on the box, not to be usd in below freeezing temps. Not good if you plan to use them for searching steelies on a winter drift!!!! :unsure:

Canadian Tire has the one that is wrist watch only (no rod mount). Battery does shut down when not in water. There are two contacts on the bottom that complete the circuit when in water...however, be very careful how you store it. If the two contacts touch say a metal tray, then the circuit will be completed and draw down your battery. The one I bought from C Tire came with an extra watch battery, and so far I haven't had to break it open. I use it for maybe 15 minutes at a time. C Tire sells it for 119.99. I use mine all the time, esp in new locations to mark depth and fish. Link at Canadian Tire's site is....

Castable Fish Finder at Canadian Tire - Click here!

Edited by ccmtcanada