Timelapse my son did, let me know if you can watch it

Joey

My son borrowed my camera and lives on the 17th floor of a building across from a cemetery near downtown. I'm having problems sharing it on facebook. Let me know if you can watch it please. It's pretty good, but I'm his mom so......

Edited by Joey

Thanks guys, I loved it too, glad you can see it, I don't know what's wrong with the FB edition. Alan was here today to borrow the camera again. I think I've created a picture taking monster like myself. We shall see the results :)

Very cool :)

Do you know what software your son used to stitch it all together? I've been meaning to get out for some timelapse making the past few years but never got around to it. Even have a motor/slider that I haven't even used yet.LOL

Edited by MJL

Very cool :)

Do you know what software your son used to stitch it all together? I've been meaning to get out for some timelapse making the past few years but never got around to it. Even have a motor/slider that I haven't even used yet.LOL

I'll ask him and let you know. Thanks MJL :)

Question here J

I would amagine one would need a large capacity battery to do this. Not the whole film, but the segments he did. I would need to buy a million AA batteries. LOL

Also, how do you guys do this timelapse thing?

I would love to put a collection of sunrises together. I would have to start it next year as I would like to do one or two from each month of the year starting in January. I could do the ones in the winter months from my ice hub with the heater on to keep me and the camera warm.

Im sure the growth of a fiddle head with the sun heat on it ,would be cool to do. I could just leave the camera on while Im fishing the river. LOL

Thanks for the answers.

Some cameras have a built-in intervalometer, most don't... This is what you'd use to tell the camera to take a pic every 5 mins for the next 8-10hrs or so. Like Joey said you can also hook this up to a smart phone or tablet or even a PC.. It's pretty cool and fairly simple. Like she posted, you can get some killer mini movies out of it! I need to try this with the Milky Way before it disappears this year.

I need to try this with the Milky Way before it disappears this year.

This is what I've wanted to do for the past 4-5yrs. Finding perfectly dark skies and dark places to shoot is getting a lot harder in Southern Ontario :(

It's the only reason I bought the Canon 16-35mm f/2.8 II.LOL

Very cool Joey

To shoot timelapse, you need a camera that has the feature. I would imagine most DSLRs have one. My Olympus OMD-EM10 mirrorless camera does. I can shoot up to 999 shots at any interval I choose. you'll propably want a tripod, turn off any image stabilization (to conserve battery) and shoot in manual mode.

This is what I've wanted to do for the past 4-5yrs. Finding perfectly dark skies and dark places to shoot is getting a lot harder in Southern Ontario :(

It's the only reason I bought the Canon 16-35mm f/2.8 II.LOL

Very hard to find dark skies in Southern Ontario, just too much light pollution, especially when we're talking 30s exposure times and always facing south.. Even some of the 'Dark Sky' preserves I've found aren't good (Although they're ok for looking at the stars).

Edited by BillM