Anyone want to join me on a Kayak Fishing / Camping trip this weekend??

NAW

Hey yall.

Its been a while since I have posted on here. Not much free time anymore.

Im setting up some plans for a one night kayak fishing trip for this weekend.

Ive got it narrowed down to 2 or 3 different places. Leaning towards the one option that will be a combination of rivers, lakes, and Georgian Bay. A few easy portage routes.

My original plan was to do a solo trip. And that very well may still happen. But I thought I would open up an offer to have one or two more people come and tag along.

The rough plans are to leave Barrie Saturday morning. Be on the water before lunch. The paddle in to the campsite is a few hours. We would fish our way in Get camp set up. Fish Saturday evening. Up early Sunday for a morning fish. Then slowly pack up camp, and fish our way back out. Home (Barrie) Sunday afternoon by 6pm. Parking is free. Campsite is on crown land

If you want to join me, fire me a PM. You will need to pack very light, and bring your own gear. I have a water filter, and a MSR stove for cooking, but other than that, your on your own for camping/fishing gear.

I will be running a kayak, and moving quickly while not fishing. 2 strong paddlers in a canoe Or a few people with their own kayaks would be great! Ive never camped out of my kayak before, so I it would be great to have a second person out there with me in case something crazy happens!!

So let me know if youre interested!

And dont worry.. Im not a psychopath.. Theres a very good chance you will make it out alive! I've done this exact route half a dozen times. It's for a moderately skilled paddler. Not ideal for a first time trip...

Thanks,

Nick

Edited by N.A.W

^^Ah.. To bad!^^

Jer is my go to OFC short notice fishing partner, and he has family obligations this weekend. So he is out too!

Anyone??

I know it's very short notice. But thought it's worth a shot anyways

Hey Nick that sounds like an awesome adventure! Unfortunately my paddling, portaging days are long gone. Good luck finding a partner. Please post a report when you return. I can say Nick is definitely not as psychopath - at least the last time I met him!! LOL! His pills must be working! HA HA!

Well, regardless of your paddling capabilities these days... After your trip to Ear Falls, I think you would find the fishing quite boring!!

Although we did fry up 2 nice pickerel the last time we camped at this spot :whistling:

If someone wants to do a day trip Saturday. I could switch my plans up a bit.

You would need to do about a 2 hour paddle back to the launch alone in the afternoon. But it's a really easy paddle on a calm lake. We would hit 2 pickerel spots. And a couple bass and pike spots too. Good mixed bag of fishing.

Just thought I would throw that out there.