Upper Buckhorn Report

Hank Jr

My Grandson and i along with a good Canadian friend and his 3 boys fished Buckhorn this past week and had a fun time . The boys learned how to fish senko's , tubes and top water lures for Bass and we boated around 30 and lost a bunch that were hooked but came unpinned . The biggest was 4lb LM we also had a couple 2 lb SM but most of the Bass were 8" -12" . The Muskie fishing was OK we had 13 follows several Muskie hits near the boat and boated 3 . The good part is my grandson and one of the other boys caught their first Muskie ever which was my goal of the week . They learned how tough Muskie fishing can be casting big baits and working them for hours without seeing anything but it paid off . My Canadian friend took my grandson and another boy out one evening and they were casting tubes for Bass my grandson ask a question Why are we casting tubes for Bass when we could be fishing for Muskies . I guess I have another Muskie hunter in the family :clapping:

Ryans First.JPG

Hank it was a great time sharing a boat with you guys! Watching kids land their first muskies is something special......having your own kid console you with offers of him hooking another and passing the rod over to help me out just made the laughs even better. The kids held up well casting muskie baits, and it was good to see their patience and determination paid off.

Walleye fishing was slow all week there were only a couple caught at the resort . All the boats were catching lots of small bass and pan fish a couple of the LM and Sm were in the 2- 4 lb range . There was a Bass tournament on Sunday big Bass was 5.7