A tough week for our friends down south

BassMan11

Sorry Sinker - it's not my attitude - these mass killings happen because cops have for years mistreated citizens - if cops respect each citizen's rights then there would not be any of these type killings - if I have the right to remain silent - then why doesn't the cop respect that and give me a ticket if I broke some traffic law and let it go at that - its when the cop starts pushing his weight around beyond the law that makes things go south -

Even respectable former judges are now advocating that citizens record any encounter they have with police - people just don't start mistrusting cops because they have nothing better to do - there is a reason for it - people are sick and tired of cops acting like storm troopers -

I have a GoPro camera attached to my dash - if I get pulled over I would turn the camera so that it faces the driver's side window - you would be surprised how cops change their attitude once they see that they are being recorded - I'll tell you one thing - they hate being filmed - but then if they are doing nothing wrong why should they care - after all their dash cam is recording me -

I'm sorry too JoePa it's 100% your attitude. Mass killings happen for many reasons least of all due to police action. Citizens of any country need to respect one another, regardless of their profession or status in life. Attitude is everything regardless of the offence or perceived offence. The situation is going to change quickly once the officer has suspicion that you are hiding or attempting to hide something. Unfortunately if and when you give police reason to suspect you have committed an offence, YOUR attitude will determine the outcome!

Edited by John

Well they are in the wrong profession if they cant deal with some attitude

They are a hazard to the public they supposedly serve

JP is exercising his legal rights...while i wouldn't try that, as it would get me killed in the US, it is his legal right and it is against the law for a cop to violate them

So many of you say "just do as your told, and obey the law"...well if the cops obey the laws, and rights of the people many of these situations could be avoided

I was always taught by my grandfather, and father that respect is earned. If you treat people with no respect, guess how they are going to treat you? I find a lot of people south of the border just have this screw you , I have my rights, kiss my butt attitude that really stinks. Its not hard to be a decent person to EVERYONE.

I guarantee I would never have an issue with any cops anywhere, unless I was being a dick to them, or if I had done something horribly wrong. To get yanked out of my car for being pulled over goes both ways. The victim was being a dick, which put the cops on edge.

Are there bad cops, oh hell yeah there are. Are there bad people? More than ever. Treat people with just a little respect goes a long ways.

I'm sick of this me, mine attitude everywhere with everyone. I come from a small town in the middle of nowhere. If it weren't for the people in our community, we never would have made it where we are today. Respect is the key.

S.

I have met good cops and not so good ones. I have never been so nice as when I have occasion to be questioned by Police. The worse have been in the US, maybe because of the Ontario plates. I'll say it again, I do know that many cops down there should not be cops from day 1, some are simply not qualified, actually I bet it's many. I had a neighbour in Florida that was a cop, he was piss drunk on the job half the time. I know that for a fact.

Maybe some of you don't value freedom to the extent we do down here - as an American I have certain rights that I cherish - and I know if we keep giving them up they won't be around very long - the guy who just goes along with the Cop's instructions because it is the easy and safest way is not doing anyone a favor - I admire the guy who stands up for his rights - we need more people like that - if your a cop and you for some reason can't respect the rights of an individual then you shouldn't be a cop - get another job - like maybe flipping burgers -

Time and time again you see on video where cops overstep their boundary when dealing with people - and the main reason is that they have developed a culture within their ranks that they are in a position where they can do what they want - well things are changing with people filming them and they are going to have to get their act together or you will see more shootings like Dallas -

In the last two cases where cops shot two black guys - what do you think would have happened if these instances were not recorded - nothing - the cops would have lied and the whole matter brushed under the rug

When you watch what happened in the one case where the cop shot the guy in the car - the cops all point their guns at the woman and make her kneel on the ground and then handcuff her - then put her in the police car - while this is happening the guy that was shot is bleeding to death - how the hell is this unarmed woman any danger to these cops - they should have been treating the dying guy - if they are so threatened by an unarmed woman then they shouldn't be cops

We had an incident a week or so ago in a town not too far from where I live - a couple put their turn signals on and pulled their car over to the side of a street in front of their house - a cop pulls up and wants to ticket them for not putting on their turn signal - they don't agree with what the cop is saying - the woman uses her cellphone to record what is going on - the cop tries to take the phone away from the woman - she won't give it up so he knocks her down on the porch steps - punches her a couple times and takes the phone and smashes it against the side walk -

He then grabs the woman and throws her down on the sidewalk and puts the cuffs on her - well unknown to the cop there is a video camera on one of the porches which is recording the event - it also shows that the couple did indeed put their turn signal on when they parked - well I'll tell you something - if I was the husband of that woman that cop would be in the hospital - the cop was fired and arrested - thanks to the camera -

Now I am going to chime in on your ridiculous comments JoePa. I value my rights as much as you do yours, to say I don't just exemplifies your typical American attitude. We Canadians lost more citizens per capita then did Americans in both world wars. We were a country of around 15 million and the US was around 150 million if I remember, just a guess. The same goes for Afghanistan.

You seem to be that "rude" Amuricun we all see when travelling. "You can't talk to me like that I'M AMuRICUN". Big freakin deal Joe. Calm down Joe, the US isn't God's chosen nation no matter how much you might believe it is. And this is coming from someone that has dual citizenship whatever that means. Bring that attitude you have into the rest of the world and it will get you poor service from a European waiter. They love spitting in Americans cappuccino after 11AM. Let me guess, you have never left PA.

Come on up to Barrie and walk the streets after the bars close. You will see why the cops here, get an ATTITUDE. They play nice, then hell breaks loose. Im sure you know the story. This is why they act first at times. Is it right, maybe not, but like Shane said, thier lives are woth just that. Thier lives. The last thing they want to do is TURN thier back.

It plays both ways.

Not arguing your post, just looking at it from the otherside.

you mean Barrie cops like this?

If this wasn't caught on camera, he would've got off easy. and the other "good" Barrie cops would help cover it up or look the other way.

Cops never speak out on other cops, its against the brotherhood.

Edited by Boss

I URGE YOU TO ALL WATCH THIS VIDEO AND BE HONEST DID YOU LIVE OR DIE

Doesn't show the scenario of two cops on a guy on the ground getting shot 5 times! Or a guy sitting in his car with a 4 year old in the back seat getting murdered for a broken tail light!

Maybe some of you don't value freedom to the extent we do down here - as an American I have certain rights that I cherish - and I know if we keep giving them up they won't be around very long - the guy who just goes along with the Cop's instructions because it is the easy and safest way is not doing anyone a favor - I admire the guy who stands up for his rights - we need more people like that - if your a cop and you for some reason can't respect the rights of an individual then you shouldn't be a cop - get another job - like maybe flipping burgers -

Time and time again you see on video where cops overstep their boundary when dealing with people - and the main reason is that they have developed a culture within their ranks that they are in a position where they can do what they want - well things are changing with people filming them and they are going to have to get their act together or you will see more shootings like Dallas -

In the last two cases where cops shot two black guys - what do you think would have happened if these instances were not recorded - nothing - the cops would have lied and the whole matter brushed under the rug

When you watch what happened in the one case where the cop shot the guy in the car - the cops all point their guns at the woman and make her kneel on the ground and then handcuff her - then put her in the police car - while this is happening the guy that was shot is bleeding to death - how the hell is this unarmed woman any danger to these cops - they should have been treating the dying guy - if they are so threatened by an unarmed woman then they shouldn't be cops

We had an incident a week or so ago in a town not too far from where I live - a couple put their turn signals on and pulled their car over to the side of a street in front of their house - a cop pulls up and wants to ticket them for not putting on their turn signal - they don't agree with what the cop is saying - the woman uses her cellphone to record what is going on - the cop tries to take the phone away from the woman - she won't give it up so he knocks her down on the porch steps - punches her a couple times and takes the phone and smashes it against the side walk -

He then grabs the woman and throws her down on the sidewalk and puts the cuffs on her - well unknown to the cop there is a video camera on one of the porches which is recording the event - it also shows that the couple did indeed put their turn signal on when they parked - well I'll tell you something - if I was the husband of that woman that cop would be in the hospital - the cop was fired and arrested - thanks to the camera -

Outside of your first sentence, I agree with your post wholeheartedly. Trust me, Canadians value their freedoms equally to our American neighbours.

With respect to cameras being used everywhere....citizens once had a fear of "big brother". Now big brother has fear of "little brother" - the cameras that are used to capture what once was "swept under the rug". Now, with direct live streaming, any chance of destroying evidence will be removed.

you mean Barrie cops like this?

If this wasn't caught on camera, he would've got off easy. and the other "good" Barrie cops would help cover it up or look the other way.

Cops never speak out on other cops, its against the brotherhood.

This cop is a goon. This was total b s and this we ALL know. This is the kind we dont need. Yes, without the camera, he gets away.

This is not necessarily a similar situation but it does offer some insight to the power dynamics in one particular prison, vis a vis enforcement officers and those incarcerated. While this is a private facility, I would presume *some* federal facilities would be similar.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/06/cca-private-prisons-corrections-corporation-inmates-investigation-bauer

Now I am going to chime in on your ridiculous comments JoePa. I value my rights as much as you do yours, to say I don't just exemplifies your typical American attitude. We Canadians lost more citizens per capita then did Americans in both world wars. We were a country of around 15 million and the US was around 150 million if I remember, just a guess. The same goes for Afghanistan.

You seem to be that "rude" Amuricun we all see when travelling. "You can't talk to me like that I'M AMuRICUN". Big freakin deal Joe. Calm down Joe, the US isn't God's chosen nation no matter how much you might believe it is. And this is coming from someone that has dual citizenship whatever that means. Bring that attitude you have into the rest of the world and it will get you poor service from a European waiter. They love spitting in Americans cappuccino after 11AM. Let me guess, you have never left PA.

Don't get all worked up Iron - if you read my post I started off saying some don't - not all - if you do or not I don't know but anyone who would allow a cop to take away his freedom by illegally taking away his rights can't value freedom very much -

Typical American attitude - what - you get all bent out of shape when a man stands up for his rights - what you want for us to be a bunch of wimps - no way - I wasn't raised that way - and as far as being an amuricum - I'll tell you something - I don't know my country anymore - have little in common with it

As far as leaving Pa - let me tell you something - I'm 82 years old - a Korean combat vet - been all over the world - lived in Canada for awhile - have MS and Bull in mechanical engineering - worked at the world's top research and development company (Bell Telephone Laboratories) - lived in a number of different states - raised 5 kids - and you know something - I stand up for my rights - if you or anyone else likes it or not - oh - I also carry a firearm with me just in case -

Doesn't show the scenario of two cops on a guy on the ground getting shot 5 times! Or a guy sitting in his car with a 4 year old in the back seat getting murdered for a broken tail light!

No it does not .. the first one shot was not fighting for his life he was fighting for his freedom he may have got his hands free or may have been trying to grab gun who knows .. but a piece of crap like him should never have been out of jail... and i would say the same thing if he was white. this guy had no business being on the street and was not a nice man.if it was my daughter he had sex with when he was 20 and she was 14 i would have killed him myself. drug offences with guns ECT should have been in jail... if you understand that if he was arrested and taken to jail and they found out he never regeesterd as a sex offender and was looking at a long time in jail you can now put in the fight he was scared of playing with the big boys in jail...

I URGE YOU TO ALL WATCH THIS VIDEO AND BE HONEST DID YOU LIVE OR DIE

One of our areas local news channels did the same thing in conjunction with an area police department.

http://www.cleveland19.com/story/29640075/vote-shoot-dont-shoot

If you watch and look at the results you will see most people would have shot, it's pretty ridiculous not to expect a cop to do the same. Stuff goes down fast on the streets, you can be a live bad guy for shooting, or a dead cop for not shooting!

And the guy in the car had allegedly committed an armed robbery with the gun he was carrying. Video evidence confirmed it.

As for the woman videotaping everything on Facebook, well the day before she posted a video of her smoking pot in the car with the poor 4 year old that was in the car during the shooting. She's no angel either.

You have to take what the media gives you with a grain of salt because they are selling stories to make money not tell the truth

And the guy in the car had allegedly committed an armed robbery with the gun he was carrying. Video evidence confirmed it.

As for the woman videotaping everything on Facebook, well the day before she posted a video of her smoking pot in the car with the poor 4 year old that was in the car during the shooting. She's no angel either.

You have to take what the media gives you with a grain of salt because they are selling stories to make money not tell the truth

post the links

or is this inside police info?

All I know is, as much as the police up here tick me off the way traffic law is enforced, that's a pretty small complaint in the scheme of things. The job they do is one that I've never envied. But the thought of being a police officer in the States is off the map crazy. You ask me, the inmates are running the prison. People, any people...angry people, mentally disturbed people, depressed people are allowed to walk around carrying weapons because it's their right?? LOL If you have a health issue that makes you a potential hazard to drive, they take away your drivers licence! Makes sense! That's because it's not a right, it's a privilege to operate a motor vehicle. But anyone can carry a friggin gun. And then they're all shocked when a police officer, makes a poor decision (as deemed by the masses through the benefit of slow motion camera from the safety of their livingrooms) and someone gets shot. Let me tell you, I'd be shooting too. In a given split second life or death decision, I pick ME every single time. Frankly, I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often.

This is not necessarily a similar situation but it does offer some insight to the power dynamics in one particular prison, vis a vis enforcement officers and those incarcerated. While this is a private facility, I would presume *some* federal facilities would be similar.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/06/cca-private-prisons-corrections-corporation-inmates-investigation-bauer

That was a great read, thank you!

X 2, how many protests do you see going on for the Dallas officers that were murdered

I know what you're trying to say, but I don't see any of those offences deserving a death sentence.