Baitcaster around $450-$500

Hey guys, I am considering upgrading my gear right now and am looking at a baitcasting reel around $450-$500 max. I have looked at the shimano antares, meggabass ip68 viola, shimano aldebaran and a few others, just wanted to hear your suggestions for a high quality reel and best bang for my buck, I am quite set on getting something JDM so made in china is not preffered. This reel will be used mainly for frog fishing, maybe tossing some jigs and senkos the odd time. I appreciate any advice you can give!

Spool speed and feel of the alderbaron is incredible cant speak for the others but the shimano product is ace.

The real best bang.for the buck right now is the curado xg70 for 250 this reel is just about as good as.my cores

The Aldebaran will limit your frogging with the smaller spool it comes with. The pair that I use are for pitching and flipping jig's and plastics. If I was looking at a reel for froggin I would give the Shimano Metanium 100XG a look. There is a new Metanium called the Metanium MGL being released at ICast in a few weeks. If you hang tight the new Metanium will be sick. It will hold the extra line you need to bomb the frog's out. Antares are nice but are bulky heavier reels. The Exsence DC is a JDM Shimano but is probably the best bang for your buck. I got mine under $300 at the time you might be higher now but that reel has brass gearing, X-Ship, casts amazing and is fast.

Read up and take your time with this one! Lot's to look at.

Froggin and jigs= for your budget definitely get the Exsence DC or MGL. I flip with metaniums and frog / punch with exsence dc. Also consider the Curado if you want to spend less, i love the one i have and honestly the performance is close to metanium just not as smooth under load and a tad heavier.

As you have already seen, the MGL is already available at quite a few Japanese stores.

I've got the 13metanium XG that I am currently using for frogs and a Metanium DC that I use for lighter Texas. The MGL is supposed to be about as smooth but seems to casts further with some weights. I believe it was lighter weights but can't remember. No matter which one you go with, I can say you would be happy with it.