Starting/deep cycle dual purpose batteries

Hey gang

Due to a great friend I was able to upgrade my trolling motor from an edge 50 12v to a maxxum 70 24v

I want 2 smaller deep cycles but the size 24 at canadian tire are dual purpose

Will 2 of these do the trick?

Or do I have to get 2x 27s?

Suggestions please

Thanks

The 24 size will not last very long before needing recharging

Plus I've had poor luck with that particular model 24 size duAL purpose. 2 batteries in 4 years. I used it as my starting and graph \ lights battery.

True dc will be much better for that application. Moving up to 27 series usually involves. Nothing more.than a couple battery trays.

You may want to upgrade the circuit breakers for the trolling motor

Actually, a 24v motor will draw less current than a 12v motor. If he had a proper breaker for the old motor, it should be fine for the new setup.

I've had good luck with a dual purpose battery but ONLY for starting and electronics. Do as suggested above...make the effort to switch to group 27's and you'll never have an issue. My outboard died once and I went from the mouth of the Upper Niagara to Crystal Beach on MAX. Still had time so we fished the inner bay for another hour. 36V from group 27's. No such thing as too much when it comes to you batteries.

Breaker?

No breaker... Wire through a plug direct to the battery

A circuit breaker is recommended. However, I did go for about 14 years without one on my old boat without a problem. If you are re-wireing anyway; you might as well do it right and include a breaker.

A circuit breaker is recommended. However, I did go for about 14 years without one on my old boat without a problem. If you are re-wireing anyway; you might as well do it right and include a breaker.

Oh ok

Been using trolling motors for 20 years without

I didn't know people used em

I'll look into that