Maitland Report July 4

Fish Farmer

Did you leave any for us Dave? Too windy for me yesterday plus my body was done after going 0 for 2 Sunday out of Nanticoke and taking a good pounding coming back in after we trolled all the way from the creek to my place. We did get a few nice Smallies in front of the cottage though in 15 feet of water bouncing tubes. Way to go Dave.

When I first looked at the picture, I counted 16 walleye, and then realized it is two photos.......Fooled me good...

Nice trip and they look to be about a 3 lb. average.

Got me too! I kept wondering about the two guys and 12 hrs , 16 walleye - wasn't adding up somehow - glad you noticed it so I could go back and (with glasses on) see it too - great job on both the catch and blending the photos! Gotta love all that!

Michael

When I first looked at the picture, I counted 16 walleye, and then realized it is two photos.......Fooled me good...

Nice trip and they look to be about a 3 lb. average.

Sorry guys, I should have spaced them :D

Try 7 to 8 LB., I wish they were smaller, better eating. :)

Edited by Fish Farmer

Did you leave any for us Dave? Too windy for me yesterday plus my body was done after going 0 for 2 Sunday out of Nanticoke and taking a good pounding coming back in after we trolled all the way from the creek to my place. We did get a few nice Smallies in front of the cottage though in 15 feet of water bouncing tubes. Way to go Dave.

Johnny, It was our lucky day. over 12 hours in the sun and those dam bugs was brutal, my buddy is suffering today, his face has all blistered.

Johnny, It was our lucky day. over 12 hours in the sun and those dam bugs was brutal, my buddy is suffering today, his face has all blistered.

Luckily no bugs here so far, Bruce is loaded with them buggers. I have never been bit by the May Flies, what were they that they bit?

As far as size, a 5 pound Pic here is a small one and I agree 100% the smaller the sweeter. This must be the only fishery where we hope the Walleye is a small one which would be 5 pounds. My smallest last year was 8.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

As far as size, a 5 pound Pic here is a small one and I agree 100% the smaller the sweeter. This must be the only fishery where we hope the Walleye is a small one which would be 5 pounds. My smallest last year was 8.

The Port Colborne 444 Derby set a record this year, 8 Walleye for over 75 pounds, big fish this year

http://www.pcdcc.com/