Another outboard issue

Hello gang

I'm googling like a fat kid on a smartie but wanted your opinions

I was fishing all day today... Started my motor around 15 times... Ran at WOT for extended periods

Went to start my motor at the last spot and nothing... No slow turn or anything... And my trim wouldn't work...

Ended up getting it started with a rope and when I touched the trim button the motor shut down

Got off the water and when I got to the gas station the trim worked again so I turned the key to see if it would turn over and nothing... Then the trim wasn't working again either

I checked all the fuses already

Sonar is reading 12.4 I think... And first dip when I turn the key or try to trim... All my pumps are powered fine...

When I turn the key halfway to the "run" position I can hear some faint noises so there is power getting in

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Mike

Sounds like it could be a loose wire or a ground issue. Just went through this on my big boat.

Also check the cables going to and from your battery for corrosion or damage, a cable could even have loosened off a bit. Hopefully some of the mechanically inclined can help a bit more.

You could use a tester to check for the amount of juice you are getting to your starter, just because you are getting power doesnt mean you are getting enough to turn it over.

Good luck mike

Got it down to a battery issue

Jumped my truck to my outboard cables and everything worked

My battery connections are tight... Clean... And coated in electrical grease...

Gunnar test my battery.., it's only 14 months old

Edited by Mike Rousseau