Effectivness of boiling a spinner bait

misfish

Day three of fishing and Im pretty much torched from the sun.LOL

DSCF3134_zpszixw89iq.jpg

One of my favorite ways to catch active buckets, is to boil a spinner bait. I was throwing top water at first and getting fish, but I had to grab the spinner bait and start boiling with fan casts. It,s a great way to fish over weeds and cover alot of water. Shallow or deep water, this method is very effective. I managed a few this morning this way.

I was lucky enough to get a video of one hitting and landing it.

This one was over weeds in 12 fow.

8fa11c0a-6d39-4718-9838-f6d4fdb0b4ea_zps

Hope everyone had a great fishing long weekend like I did.

nice

great to get on the water

i haven't bothered taking many pictures but got a double header and I was the only one on the toon, so I took a bit of a video

Edited by Terry

I love burning spinnerbaits across the top. More versatile than a buzz bait that's for sure. Boil it across the weeds and slow it down when you come into a pocket...

I agree. Boil it and drop. Or just fish it norm. Great search and locate bait.

Ahh we call that bulging. A light spinnerbait subsurface with an occasional breaking of the surface. Burning is a heavier spinner subsurface retrieved very quickly back to the boat. Chopping is retrieving back and stop cranking to make the lure helicopter then resume retrieving. Flaring is retrieving with an irregular cadence such as 4 cranks slight pause repeat with different number of cranks. Lots of different ways to fish a spinnerbait for sure.

Art