Traeger Smoker/BBQ.

captpierre

So, went to Costco for a typical run.

Got talking to the Traeger rep and looked at his large display.

My NG Napolean made BBQ is on its last legs.

Been disappointed at the lack of flavour coming from gas grills.

Have considered going back to a Weber kettle charcoal grill

So I listened to the Traeger pitch.

Sounded too good to be true.

$1000. And the sale is over in 2 days.

$200 more anywhere else.

I never buy anything major without research.

Whipped out the phone and snooped around for comments. Most rediculously positive.

Have to buy expensive hardwood pellets but the results are great and easy.

Pulled the trigger.

Figured with Costco's return policy can always bail.

Anybody have any experience with Traeger smokers?

One of the guys at our hunt camp started bringing in a traeger for deer and moose a few years back. I have eaten a metric crap ton of smoked stuffed jalapeños and various other poppers and tasty good stuff. Everything has been fantastic, but I have no idea how easy it is to operate as I'm usually half lit by that time of the night. The food tastes great though!!

Edited by porkpie

Traegars are top of the line smokers/bbqs, only down side to them is some have to put near an outlet so you can plug it in. high quality materials, excellent cooking. a few of my customers at work have them. only thing better i think would be a green egg

One of the guys at our hunt camp started bringing in a traeger for deer and moose a few years back. I have eaten a metric crap ton of smoked stuffed jalapeños and various other poppers and tasty good stuff. Everything has been fantastic, but I have no idea how easy it is to operate as I'm usually half lit by that time of the night. The food tastes great though!!

HAHAHAHA

I just checked out the web site and all units look to be built well and have a good design. If I was in the market I'd consider one. I do have a buddy who has a big green egg unit (2x the big and the small) and swears by those units. The Treager looks like less less effort / work to make a nice smoked / cooked meal then the Egg though.

My dad has one and it's the cats meow. Will crank up to 375 and go slow for fish and cheese . Fully auto set it and come back 15 hours later on a big smoke. There are some electronics to keep dry make sure you get a cover.

Edited by Freshtrax