Moose rider charged

kickingfrog

Remember the guy who chased and jumped on a moose swimming last year?

Someone's been charged.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/moose-riders-youtube-fort-nelson-1.3660913?cmp=rss

A year after a video was posted to YouTube showing a man riding a moose, two Fort St. John, B.C., men have been charged under the Wildlife Act.

The video, shot from a motor boat, caused an uproar on social media.

It shows a moose being chased across a shallow body of water, before a man jumps onto the animal and rides it for 15 seconds before falling off.

Others on the boat can be heard laughing.

In a Facebook post Thursday, the Conservation Officer Service says that a yearlong investigation has led to two suspects being charged with three counts, including harassing wildlife, attempting to capture wildlife and hunting big game while the animal is swimming.

The men were tracked down after the body of water in the video was identified as Tuchodi Lakes near Fort Nelson.

The men — who were not named — are due to appear in court in Fort Nelson on Aug. 8.

Last week while standing on my dock I was watching a mallard with her little ones cross from one island to another. A pontoon boat came along with a group of young males aboard. The spotted the ducks and veered to run them over. They turned to late to hit them and turned around to chase. I yelled loud enough that they heard me and stopped the chase. They took off. I watched which way they headed to find out where they were staying. I hopped in the boat and caught up with them. I then could see the camp name in the boat. I went and spoke with camp owner so he could speak with them about it.

Said they were from the Toronto area.

Why do people do stuff like that. They were all old enough to know better.

takes a special kind of stupid to post your illegal activities on fb for the world to see!!!!...and everybody in the boat should be charged IMO

idiots are locals, anybody wanna know the names? haha they shut down their fb accounts after this went public lol

the one positive thing about the story, this was posted on FB and concerned folks tipped off the CO's, so sometimes the tip lines do actually work....common theme to hear "why bother reporting because nothing ever happens"...very nice to see charges pursued, but still gotta wait on sentencing...