Anyone transferred ownership of a boat lately?

Bass Tard

Hey guys, I just picked up a new used boat, and its been over 8 years since I bought my first boat. I googled where I can go, (used to be city hall here in London) but it seems like I can only do it online now? Is there fees now? When I registered mine, I didn't have to pay tax on it.

I tried reading the transport canada website for a while, and there's so much mumbojumbo on there I just got confused and figured I'd ask here for an english explanation.

Thanks

I did mine by mail as I recall. The license bureau steered me where to go and had the forms. Got all that when I registered & plated the trailer. Then a year later I got a letter wanting proof I paid tax on the boat or that I could now pay tax on the boat or they'd assess it. Still waiting for the assessment.

Michael

Thanks, guys!

I had the same thing happen with my old boat, about the taxes thing. At the time, it was free downtown, but then later they sent me the same letter about not paying taxes on it. I was mad, I called them because I didn't know about having 3 different receipts for the package, and I payed tax on the full (however fake) amount when I went to register the trailer. Then a year after that, the sent me the same letter again. I just ignored it.