Another Music Thread!!!

DRIFTER_016

Bunk, I'm assuming you saw Neil with Crazy Horse? (that is usually the setup to turn casual fans around).

I saw Eagles and EJ as well - both not worth it ... especially Elton!

Wasn't a Neil fan at all... until yes, saw him with Crazy Horse. Fan ever since.

Eagles was good, EJ rather boring.

Eagles arent an exciting show by any means, but their performances are done to a T every time. Its incredible. Better live than on their recordngs. Not many that can do that.

I lost a bit of respect for neil young lately. He has turned into a bleeding heart. Cant stand that. I still jam a lot of his stuff though....

S.

Edited by Sinker

Well I have been to many,many concerts and shows.Used to watch Max Webster,April Wine,Rush in the bars around Niagara in the seventies. Rush played at my high school graduation---NO crap --Rush at my high school graduation--YEAH!! One of the best shows I have been to was Bruce Springsteen at Sheas in Buffalo (seating-2600 people) The Boss played for 4 and a half hours!! 1976!!

Saw a number of concerts at Shae's....

Saw the "rest" of the Grateful Dead there, after the passing of Jerry.

It was crazy.

Saw a fella named John Scofield play with some guys named Medeski, Martin, and Wood.....

My mind has never been the same after that performance.

Shae's was crazy.

First concert I ever attended was Judas Priest and Queensryche, saw Judas Priest once more after that, both incredible sets.

Best show I've witnessed was Iron Maiden on their 'Somewhere in Time' tour, I think 2009? Saw them twice more after that and they're always mind-blowing.

Saw Motorhead at the OHL arena in Oshawa few years back. Lame crowd, sound sucked, band wasn't into it. Very disappointing, wish I could have seen them in a bar, where they belong! Seen Megadeth twice, mediocre as hell both times...YAWN

Used to attend underground metal shows frequently...most memorable was Absu at the Annex Wreckroom a few years back...oww my neck

Saw a few shows at Massey, Matt Good (great set for an arrogant prick), Deep Purple (sans Richie Blackmore, Ian Gillan in a cast still sounded fabulous well into his 60's), went to see Colin James a couple times there when I was young, never liked his music but he is a great live performer and excellent guitarist. Kyuss reunion at the Sound Academy was amazing!

Michael Gira and Swans was the most loudest, most spell-binding musical experience I've ever witnessed, and I doubt very much that will ever be topped.

Last KISS concert with make up in winnipeg.

I think I was 8 or 9. Best time ever!

Since then, iron maiden in minneapolis maybe 15 years ago. Amazing show/music!

The last edgefest in winnipeg circa 2003??? Lucky im not in jail. Best road trip ever!!!

Who else has had drinks with courtney love???

Actually dumb question lol

first show was pink floyd in the mid-late 80s i think i was about 14-15 at the time. remember it being quite the spectacle

after that i got into fairly underground music and i could propably count on one hand the arena/stadium shows i've been too since then, just a crappy vibe compared to small venues

some highlights i remember are queens of the stone age at the el mocambo before they made it big, suicidal tendencies/napalm death at the concert hall in the early 90s was propably the most energetic show i've seen. dri and sepultura at the apocalypse club (what a hole!) -- must've been 89 or 90. gwar (hahaha), a lot of hardcore bands (sick of it all, agnostic front, madball etc). seen a lot of bands.

Edited by Raf

first show was pink floyd in the mid-late 80s i think i was about 14-15 at the time. remember it being quite the spectacle

after that i got into fairly underground music and i could propably count on one hand the arena/stadium shows i've been too since then, just a crappy vibe compared to small venues

some highlights i remember are queens of the stone age at the el mocambo before they made it big, suicidal tendencies/napalm death at the concert hall in the early 90s was propably the most energetic show i've seen. dri and sepultura at the apocalypse club (what a hole!) -- must've been 89 or 90. gwar (hahaha), a lot of hardcore bands (sick of it all, agnostic front, madball etc). seen a lot of bands.

Some dandies there. Still hoping to see ND myself. Early 90's Sep would be unreal!

Not really a concert person, but I've been to a few. I always try to catch Robert Fripp whenever he's in town with whatever incarnation he's with; King Crimson, or solo, and League of Gentlemen. That last one was at The El Mocambo in 1980. Saw Pink Floyd in '87, The Who a couple of years later. Wouldn't mind seeing Arcade Fire. Can't bring myself to see The Tragically Hip on their farewell tour, it would just be too painful. But when Gord Downie passes, as he eventually will, on the first clear night after I plan on driving up to Bobcaygeon and seeing the constellations reveal themselves, one star at a time.

Anyone want to join me?

Some dandies there. Still hoping to see ND myself. Early 90's Sep would be unreal!

ND is still touring, I think they just played Toronto recently with the Melvins. You still have a chance.

Saw a few shows at Massey, Matt Good (great set for an arrogant prick), Deep Purple (sans Richie Blackmore, Ian Gillan in a cast still sounded fabulous well into his 60's), went to see Colin James a couple times there when I was young, never liked his music but he is a great live performer and excellent guitarist.

Colin James is an excellent performer live. Seen him a number of times here in Hamilton at various festivals. His time with the little big band was the peak of his playing.

I totally forgot about Maceo Parker at the Palais Royal twice, incredible vibe & energy.

Maceo Parker at the Palais Royale eh?! Musta been, what, 1992, 93'ish? Talk about a funky performance Maceo brings. And an incredible venue to see that funk.

Now that is a show I was pissed to miss. A few friends made it....I was big into the Dead and Phish at the time ... wouldn't give it a shot...have kicked myself ever since.

Not really a concert person, but I've been to a few. I always try to catch Robert Fripp whenever he's in town with whatever incarnation he's with; King Crimson, or solo, and League of Gentlemen. That last one was at The El Mocambo in 1980. Saw Pink Floyd in '87, The Who a couple of years later. Wouldn't mind seeing Arcade Fire. Can't bring myself to see The Tragically Hip on their farewell tour, it would just be too painful. But when Gord Downie passes, as he eventually will, on the first clear night after I plan on driving up to Bobcaygeon and seeing the constellations reveal themselves, one star at a time.

Anyone want to join me?

Robert Fripp...what a trip he is!!! Did he play with his back to the audience? What a character. Saw him in the early 2000's at Massey Hall...with King Crimson I believe...One of the strangest fella's I've seen live. Arcade Fire is another trip to see live. So much going on the stage at once. Saw them a couple years ago at the ACC with some clients. It was "dress up night"... audience is as crazy as the band is :)

My wife and I have tickets for the Hip show here in Hamilton...I think I'm going to give my ticket to one of my wifes girlfriends...not sure that is a scene that I want to be part of....

however, the drive to Bobcaygeon sounds like a good idea.

Edited by Steve

Maceo Parker at the Palais Royale eh?! Musta been, what, 1992, 93'ish? Talk about a funky performance Maceo brings. And an incredible venue to see that funk.

The first time yes was around 93 the second was 98ish, ya man Maceo gets that place a bop'n, always feels like the floor is going to give way!

Just saw suicidal in niagara falls for the first time in years this past March..........Mike Muir STILL brings the energy at 53. Surprisingly good!!! AND former slayer drummer Dave Lombardo was on drums. A nice little surprise

suicidal tendencies fans!!!!

"All I wanted was a pepsi"!!!!

Mike muir is the best

Im still waiting for a superbowl pepsi commercial where an aged Mike M. comes in as a footnote at the end of the commercial, grabs a pepsi and walks out of scene with a quick wink and a nod.

He is def. someone Id like to hang out with at a campfire for a few beers. He actually came out and hung out with the crowd between sets at the show.

Edited by Blaque

well if I have to go for impact here is the list don't ask dates its true what they say

max Webster at our high school

rush moving pictures gardens

iron maiden Kingswood music theater and a wine festival to boot(almost every show since)

grateful dead Kingswood interesting crowd

deep purple mark 4 perfect strangers the gardens

Pink Floyd cne stadium twice THE BEST SHOWS I HAVE EVER WITNESSED EXCEPT FOR WHAT IVE SEEN IN NATURE

the who cne stadium gardens some race way just lots

Goddo

Motorhead elmacombo bomber

Black Sabbath heaven and hell LIVE EVIL(and in many other incarnations since)

Stevie ray Vaughn Hamilton place and numerous venues

ozzy with rohdes okeefe center I think and gardens

mettalica in edinbourough justice for all

bon jovi Puerto rico

far too many and a whole lot of money later

still haven't taken my foot of the gas peddle yet

BLACK SABBATH IN AUGUST at the amphitheater THE END

oh yeah and cant forget KISS(lots)

cheers

peter

Edited by BITEME.Esq

Probably seen about 100+ shows, most notable was Slipknot at the Molson amp last year, what a set and the charisma and stage presence is unbelievable, how Corey Taylor controls the crowd.

I've seen blink 182 4 times, the hip twice, the foo fighters (Amazing show) five finger death punch, and about 200 various metal bands most people have never heard of nor care to at different festivals throughout the years.

I've seen my favourite band In Flames from Sweden, going on 13 times since I started listening to them in grade 9, they are going on 24 years as a band and have 11 albums, they've gone from a very specific sound/genre they helped pioneer called melodic death metal to a lot more easy to listen to music in public... sometimes lol

Edited by Lucas F

Im still waiting for a superbowl pepsi commercial where an aged Mike M. comes in as a footnote at the end of the commercial, grabs a pepsi and walks out of scene with a quick wink and a nod.

He is def. someone Id like to hang out with at a campfire for a few beers. He actually came out and hung out with the crowd between sets at the show.

I would die. Thats the best idea ever!!!

Robert Fripp...what a trip he is!!! Did he play with his back to the audience?

Not when I've seen him. But when I went to his Frippertronics concert he sat alone on stage, on a stool, with a single floodlight that was positioned to hit the floor about ten feet to his right.