Another Music Thread!!!

DRIFTER_016

I've seen my favourite band In Flames from Sweden, going on 13 times since I started listening to them in grade 9, they are going on 24 years as a band and have 11 albums, they've gone from a very specific sound/genre they helped pioneer called melodic death metal to a lot more easy to listen to music in public... sometimes lol

I would have gone to see them in the mid-90's (Jester Race era) but now...yikes. I used to like Soundtrack to Your Escape when I was a young gaffer, hasn't aged so well hehe

One of the neatest shows I have been to was in a gravel parking lot in Barbados.

Tiger a DJ from Jamaica was doing a gig and my buddies and I watched it from a roof top next door. :)

We had the chairs out and de rum was flowin' maaaan!!! :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

I would have gone to see them in the mid-90's (Jester Race era) but now...yikes. I used to like Soundtrack to Your Escape when I was a young gaffer, hasn't aged so well hehe

I know, I love their older stuff so much more than what they are now, but their live performances really shine through that they love what they're doing, I've met them all once I won a meet & greet at a show in Guelph and it was awesome!

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been to too many concerts but the first one I went to was probably the most memorable too. Went to see the Foo Fighters on their One by One tour when I was 16 or so at Arrow Hall by the airport. No seating just a huge hall and a stage. Completely unknown to anyone there (other than the band and the crew) they decided to film their Everywhere But Home DVD. My most vivid memory is the start of the show when the first few muted guitar licks from "All My Life" started playing and just getting swept up in a wave of humanity and getting pushed towards the stage. Oh, and crowd surfing is a lot of fun!

The next concert/festival I'm looking forward to is Riverfest. There's a bus stop around the corner from my house that takes you to the gate, and there is a pile of awesome bands playing there this year (Sheepdogs FTW)

Both Max Webster and Goddo played my high school. :)

chilliwack played my dads highschool sock hop

god, i cant remember my first concert to be honest...I went to a bunch of outdoor crap when i was kid with my parents...but the first real concert i can recall going to was sarstock when i was 14. Pretty cool to see ACDC, Rush, The guess who, blue rodeo and the rolling stones in one day. Not too shabby at all. I remember seeing a lot of boobs that day and for a 14 year old boy, thats pretty awesome.

Once I hit college then i really started going to a lot of hip hop shows...the heads here will appreciate the fact that i went to rock the bells 08

Saw the roots, cypress hill, wu tang clan, meth and red, blackstar, cage, mr lif, murs, brother ali, and to top it all off Rage Against the Machine closed the night.

Best shows ive ever been to? El-p and Killer Mike on the cancer for cure/rap music tour and people under the stairs in 09-10??

Also Action bronson and Danny Brown on the too high to die tour was incredible as well. Damn so many shows its hard to remember them all.

OMG, all these bands I remember or have seen. I saw Molly Hatchet in Calgary and Goddo in Minden :)

I'm loving this one right now. A bit rappy but done well I think :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXRviuL6vMY

These guys are great, so much sound for only 2 guys, such a large array of sounds from one song to the next it's crazy

Other than the Northern Ontario Kim Mitchell type concerts the first real concert I saw was Bob Seger at Opening weekend of Canada's Wonderland,,,,,,way back lol

It was outdoors and awesome.

Favorite concert was RUSH at Ottawa Blues Fest about 5 years ago. Man they friggin rocked the place and played all the favorites.

Dixie Chicks were also awesome.

Really wish I would have been able to see Zepplin