Crushed a few this morning,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

misfish

With all the fun with lakers and whities this spring, bass opener was getting on our minds. We know a spot that has produced well for us the past few years and couldnt wait to get back in the game.

5am and on the water and make a bee line to our distination.

DSCF3069_zpsuvtxlk1r.jpg

Flat water and it was screaming small mouth. I could hear them say, come on, throw that spinner bait, I,ll smack it and spit it out with one giant leap, get you off your game plan and you,ll go home like a crying school boy. I guess they over thought thier plan, as fat smallies cant jump. Just get thier head above water and slush thier heads a bit,then realize that plan didnt work, so dive and try to break ya off.

Well that didnt work either. Seems I have learned a few lessons myself. Keep,em tight on the line, bury the rod in the water and just stay cool.

I had a great net man today. I do feel his pain as I have been on the other side of him kicking my butt on the river. He is the flipp,n master after all.

Some pics that DONT do these fish justice. We both ageed these fish were in the 5+-7 lb range. Even some jumbo perch that were up there sucking in 4" tubes. You know thier good ones when you can lip them. LOL

DSCF3078_zpss0j0h5zj.jpg

DSCF3074_zpshwxbxlla.jpg

DSCF3073_zpswafmirqi.jpg

DSCF3072_zps0fjwvb2o.jpg

DSCF3071_zpsww0sibsn.jpg

DSCF3066_zpsjp87fej6.jpg

Was hoping to get out for some buckets sunday, but it,s the kids fishing day here, so me and my little fisher girl will be attending that. My arms could use the rest anyways.

Great opener.

Edited by Brian B

Awesome stuff man, stuck working these past 2 weekends and again for another 2 but hope to hit a few like that soon

Thanks bud. The opener and late fall are my favorite time for these fish

Nice pictures of fish there.

That perch is huge

And here I have to work all afternoon and Sunday too

I got a bit of a sunburn this morning

Those perch were like peacock bass. Crazy size on them. Like I told ya, theres 40 hours in a week to get work out of the way for weekend fun. And ya, got a bit of sun you did. Looks good on ya.LOL

They came to see your shorts, good going B.

Those are designer shorts. Bought just for this day. :tease:

very nice guys! Now where is the video of B doing the dance? :tease:

Thanks G. Dancing on the boat, is where it stays. LOL

Awesome day guys,good for you !!!!

Thanks Davey. Good to hear from you. Hows the pike fishing going for ya?

nice opener - looks like mostly an early bite?

Rick. It was an early bite for sure. First 3 fish were landed before 6am. Spinner bait in 15 fow just below the surface.

So that's where all the big bass were. I was in the wrong boat. :good:

Rob, if you ever want to head out, give a shout bud. Thanks for the comment.

Whoa nice!!!!

Thanks Rick.

some footballs there

I know you know they are out there. You chase Musky, I chase the bait. LOL

Thanks all for the comments.

WoW...some serious Brutes right there !!

WICKED !!

Thanks. It was just one of those days that worked out.

You sure had those Bass Turds dialed in Brian. When you said you made a b line to the spot I was wondering how fast you have to kick those flippers to make a nice wake behind the toon. That's no tune you fished from.

LOL We toon this spot, but thought, if it didnt work out, best to have some horse power to move us up to couch if need be. LOL