Well, the SOLD signs went up last night NF

Big Cliff

Almost in the same position as you Cliff.

We purchased here on Pigeon Lake in 2003 when I was still a young and strong 55 years old. It gets harder every day. I used to cut the whole area in a day including trimming around every tree and bush. Now I do it in shifts. Half the front water side yard one day, the other half the next. Road edge yard the day after that.

I can see me making the same choice as you in about two or three years.

As a friend of mine put it the other day "when you live on the water you have two front yards to maintain".

Debbe and I drove by into Lindsay yesterday and where wondering if you had sold yet but didn't have time to stop in for a visit. Very Happy for you both Cliff. It will be an adjustment after you settle into your new place....both you two will make the best of it and enjoy it...because that's who you both are.

In the mean time enjoy your remaining days on the water at your lovely place. I'm envisioning you two enjoying a glass of wine out on the back deck toasting the beautiful sunset you get there and being thankful for your time there but also getting excited about the new path your heading down.

All the best from Debbe and I to you both.

Thank you my friend. We would love to see you guys anytime you have the chance!

Congrats Cliff

The property Guys story is interesting.

Up the street from me a house had a property guys sign up for close to a year and didn't sell.

Just a couple weeks ago it switched to a regular realtor and there was a sold sign in 3 days.

Congrats Cliff

The property Guys story is interesting.

Up the street from me a house had a property guys sign up for close to a year and didn't sell.

Just a couple weeks ago it switched to a regular realtor and there was a sold sign in 3 days.

Ya, once they get you signed up and you have paid your money then they tell you things like "well if you want buyers agents to bring their clients in you'll have to offer up to 2.5% comission". That's half of what you'd have paid a professional to advertise, market, and sell your home for you anyway. Subtract what you end up paying property guys and suddenly you aren't saving very much if anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations Cliff, I'm glad it all worked out for you guys in the end. If possible I would like to come out for a visit when I am on vacation in August. I am not sure exactly what all my plans are but an working on a couple of day trips. I am off the first two weeks in August, and will get in touch with you closer to that time and see if we can work something out.

Give my best to Sue :)

Maureen

Congratulations on the sale of your home. I'm sure you'll be happy in your new residence. I'm approaching retirement & have thought many times about the chores that are necessary around my home. Good luck as you move forward. By the way - my mower is still running good. Thanx again for your assistance.

Congratulations Cliff, I'm glad it all worked out for you guys in the end. If possible I would like to come out for a visit when I am on vacation in August. I am not sure exactly what all my plans are but an working on a couple of day trips. I am off the first two weeks in August, and will get in touch with you closer to that time and see if we can work something out.

Give my best to Sue :)

Maureen

Kid you are always welcome here (as long as we are here LOL) Only weekend in Aug. that wouldn't work is the 6th. (one last family reunion at the lake)

Congratulations on the sale of your home. I'm sure you'll be happy in your new residence. I'm approaching retirement & have thought many times about the chores that are necessary around my home. Good luck as you move forward. By the way - my mower is still running good. Thanx again for your assistance.

Whew! Glad to hear that LOL! Anytime my friend, always glad to help out when I can!