Palamor knot braid to swivel?

TJames

I don't reel the swivel through the guides, ever...

There was a seminar on salmon fishing a couple of nights ago. One of the recommendations was to use a swivel when attaching copper to braid. If you did that to attach copper to braid backing then it would need to go through the guides and on to the reel. That is what promted by question.

I use those raven swivels quite a bit, but I stopped using them for braid-leader connections....even with shorter leaders I've still reeled up once in a blue moon, and have damaged 3 tip top guides since I first started using braid way back when...pretty much only when drop shotting now, and sometimes trolling

I generally prefer to use an 8-12 wrap improved Albright depending on lb test

There was a seminar on salmon fishing a couple of nights ago. One of the recommendations was to use a swivel when attaching copper to braid. If you did that to attach copper to braid backing then it would need to go through the guides and on to the reel. That is what promted by question.

I wouldn't use a swivel like this on a copper setup (Would you even use a swivel?)

Edited by BillM

(Would you even use a swivel?)

Not before seeing the on-line seminar on Wednesday evening ;)

He claimed that tieing directly to braid would cut the line. I am not sure if he meant when tie to the leader, to the backing, or both. I guess it can't be too big of a problem if nobody else has ever heard of doing that.