Palamor knot braid to swivel?

TJames

The rare occasion I tied braid directly to anything was with a palomar, improved clinch or Rapala knot. Not something I would normally do though, it's easier to work with a leader. Even if it's a piece of mono. I usually use a uni-uni to tie the leader to braid, but I've used the reverse albright as well.

Uni knot for everything. Braid to leader, leader to lure, braid to lure, mono, flouro, all of it. And I hit the tag end with a lighter too just incase anything slips. Haven't had it happen yet, but better safe than cussing after losing fish lol

Palomar is my std for tying hooks, snap swivels etc.

I use the blood knot sometimes for line-to-line but I find they tend to slip if I'm not real careful with the tying. Always do a good test after tying. I sometimes use micro-swivels but if I want to use a long leader on my spinng rod I use a blood knot----don't want the swivel passing thru the top eye! Have done that by accident and it's not pretty.

aaron shirley showed me the surgeons knot to connect braid to flouro lead (name sounds hard, easiest knot on the planet to tie) many years ago.

I use this knot for ALL my King Salmon needs....it doesn't break....and it's SO EASY to tie.

Check it out :)

Some great knot suggestions connecting braid with leaders. Good tip on the swivels or snap swivels. So key when tossing any kind of spoons or spinners, especially with mono. Line twists sucks and can give nightmares on spinning gear.

I had so much line twist on a spinning reel that when I opened the bail, all this mono just jumped off the spool lol. Cursing ensued for being lazy and not tying on a swivel. Lesson learned. :)

Uni knot for everything. Braid to leader, leader to lure, braid to lure, mono, flouro, all of it. And I hit the tag end with a lighter too just incase anything slips. Haven't had it happen yet, but better safe than cussing after losing fish lol

Must be a Newf thing. LOL. I tie the same.

How well do they stand up to a big Chinook?

choose your size according to the weight that you are pulling. I think the xxs is rated to 20lbs (correct me if im wrong)

so far in 2 years of using them on almost every single rod and line I am tossing, i have broken 1.