Old Fishing Photo

jimmer

ice fish with my dad for a day and you will see the techniques they used in the 60's lol

happy to say ive learned them though, just for the laughs I am sure to show my kids some day...

Im sure some of the old timers on here know about using thin twigs with a bell as a tip up.

ice fish with my dad for a day and you will see the techniques they used in the 60's lol

happy to say ive learned them though, just for the laughs I am sure to show my kids some day...

Im sure some of the old timers on here know about using thin twigs with a bell as a tip up.

Willow Gads and they worked great same as the wooden tip-ups they still work great

Are you aware of something better for brook trout fishing, because I'm not...

Dug this out of my fathers old photos and thought I would share. Probably from the Sudbury area in the 50's.

I guess those were the days.

Thx for sharing. Love the old photos. Reminded me of one my old neighbour showed me of a rope with probably 100 brookies threaded on it and 3 guys holding it up. From his younger days growing up in Haliburton.

Thx for sharing. Love the old photos. Reminded me of one my old neighbour showed me of a rope with probably 100 brookies threaded on it and 3 guys holding it up. From his younger days growing up in Haliburton.

I remember the limit on brookies being 15 or 1 fish and 10 pounds, which ever is the least, so you could keep 15 pannies or in trophy waters a 7 and 2 x 5's.