Fishing boat rental, Kawartha

Tjames09

In the summer spend a fair bit of time on Lake Sturgeon as my in-laws live on the lake. Trouble is they don't have a fishing boat, just a large pontoon, which is great for group outings, but not good for fishing.

Was wondering if there are any places that rent fishing boats for the day or weekend in the area.

What is Surgeon like to fish? Is it a good bass lake by chance?

I find it gets hit hard for bass fishing and anytime I've gone out my luck is low for bass, but Im also fishing on a massive pontoon boat and fish wherever the boat is, not key locations.

I find it gets hit hard for bass fishing and anytime I've gone out my luck is low for bass, but Im also fishing on a massive pontoon boat and fish wherever the boat is, not key locations.

Gotcha, thanks. Hard hit or not, catching a few would be better than not getting out at all!

Lunge Haven would probably be the closest. They are on the east side, off snug harbour road.

S.

Anything other than Lunge Haven? There rental is about $150 a day it looks like. Would like something for the Canada Day weekend.

You could always try Sunrise Cottages on Lower Buck www.sunriseresort.ca. Last time I rented there was under the old owner Cees. It was 96.00 tax and gas in for a 14 foot tinner. I'm not sure if it's gone up under the new owner.

Edited by Dutch01

120-150 a day is normal for a boat rental.

not many at 100 or under.

Dad had a green Johnson 5 1/2, as a kid we'd go to Ray's Boat Livery in Port Colborne and rent a 16 cedar strip Powasson. Ray Prophet was an American from Florida and wore one of those hats just like skipper in Gilligan's Island , going rate back in the late 50's was 50 cents an hour or $3 for the day

Let's say you rent one every other weekend. $300 x 8 weekends over 2 years time frame = $2,400 you could have spent on a "car topper" size used boat and motor. Just something to consider if you have a truck/car/van/suv that can tow one or put on the roof...

I would imagine those rentals are just tin cans. I bet you could buy a reliable tinny with a decent engine for 2k and just leave it at their place. When you find the real boat you want sell the tinny and get your 2k back. Better yet..have them buy the tinny. Everybody needs a runabout!