Musky Lures? (bit of a tall fish tale as well)

Tjames09

i've caught about 25 muskie in my lifetime (I'm not much of a muskie fisherman)....

ALL but three have been caught on the same black and orange buchertail bucktail.

If I was fishing the Kawartha's, I could confidently fish with that lure and no others....and do just fine.

You have received some really good information and accurate suggestions by others on this forum. I will add just one.

Visit the Muskies Canada website and find the nearest chapter to you. You can go and sit in on any meetings you wish to with no obligation to join. Listen to the guys there and most of them will help you out. It WILL shorten your learning curve.

Mepps #5 FisherPete? Those lures lever catch anything!

Lol... Yes he is kidding... You will see! And did you see the post by "pump knows" about his first muskie on the jointed live target? Very similar to the Rapala J-13...!

Edited by Fisherpete

• 4 weeks later...

thanks for the all the advice guys. I caught 2 muskies this weekend and my wife caught her musky as well.

the mepps #5 spinner caught a really nice one, didnt get a weight on it (forgot, was worried about keeping it out of water to long).

And we caught two smaller ones trolling. Do you guys leave both trebles on the lures? One of the mukies we caught was smaller and when it jumped out of the water it hooked itself in the back on the back treble on a large lure with large hooks. I felt really bad for the fish as it caused a bit of bleeding and will leave a scar for sure. It had one treble on its mouth but the lure is large so when it jumped it bent its back and the back treble hooked him.