Ford vs Chev vs Dodge

FLEX ROD

My 2010 supercrew ford has been bulletproof and its been to hell and back. 165 k so far no major repairs. Average 14l/100

Same here. I'm a contractor and my last 4 trucks have all been F150's. Never any problems whatsoever, other than tires and brakes.

As for the cheesy video of the toolbox perforating the bed....spray some Linex. Stuff is bulletproof.

Edited by Fishwilly

Same here. I'm a contractor and my last 4 trucks have all been F150's. Never any problems whatsoever, other than tires and brakes.

As for the cheesy video of the toolbox perforating the bed....spray some Linex. Stuff is bulletproof.

I think a plastic bed liner would protect the bed better than Linex or any other spray in product.

I think a plastic bed liner would protect the bed better than Linex or any other spray in product.

I was glad to see that the truck already had the plastic bed liner, one less thing to try and work into the deal and one less thing to have to get done.

The step ups get installed today :D and then all I have to find is a place that can cut me a spake key for the tail gate as the one that I have is an after market one that was dealer installed but I only have the one key for it and I want a spare.

Trying to find a place that can cut the key is turning into a challenge, I have only been able to find one place and they are down on Mount Pleasant so it will have to wait till I go down town next time, does any one have any suggestion as to who else could cut me a key?

FLEX

Linex is literally bullet proof. I throw all kinds of crap in the box of the truck incl crushed stone. The shovel won't scrape this stuff off.

Mythbusters tested it on cinderblock wall for explosives. The stuff held the wall together.

I was glad to see that the truck already had the plastic bed liner, one less thing to try and work into the deal and one less thing to have to get done.

The step ups get installed today :D and then all I have to find is a place that can cut me a spake key for the tail gate as the one that I have is an after market one that was dealer installed but I only have the one key for it and I want a spare.

Trying to find a place that can cut the key is turning into a challenge, I have only been able to find one place and they are down on Mount Pleasant so it will have to wait till I go down town next time, does any one have any suggestion as to who else could cut me a key?

FLEX

Any decent locksmith will be able to cut you a key for it.

Sorry but WRONG. Plastic liners trap water under them. If you want to save the truck bed, remove the liner,have it oiled sprayed and put back in. I would do this every couple years. If you dont want to keep the liner. I would go with the sprayed in, myself.

Edited by Brian B

Sorry but WRONG. Plastic liners trap water under them. If you want to save the truck bed, remove the liner,have it oiled sprayed and put back in. I would do this every couple years. If you dont want to keep the liner. I would go with the sprayed in, myself.

I was referring to the ability to withstand impact. I think the comment was referring to the commercial showing the tool box piercing the bed of a Ford. I still maintain that the plastic liner will better protect against that kind of impact.

Rust protection would be a different conversation; but, I don't think that corrosion should be an issue for Ford's aluminum box.

Not Wrong..........I have had plastic liners in all my trucks and NEVER had a problem. I much prefer a liner over a heavy paint spray in my truck for many reasons. To each his own but you shouldn't be putting out false info.

Not even close to False info. OMG really. Liners in the first 2-3 years are fine, then it starts. Have seen many. Nothing false about my info.

My 97 F150, didnt look as bad as that guys bed, but it was pretty much rusted out over the wheel wells. I could see the liner.

Sorry John. This is what I thought you were referring to. Me bad.

Edited by Brian B

Bottom line is I have seen the same rust/corrosion even with sprayed on heavy paint liners because they rust from the bottom up.......................So.......depending on you area and the influx of salt on any said vehicle you could be facing a rusted out bed no matter what you did or did not do to it......

The problem with drop in bed liners is that they move and eventually rub the paint away.

If you have your vehicle oil sprayed or under coated the bed will still rust out from the top down if you don't take the liner out occasionally and touch up the areas where the rubbing is occurring.

This is not an issue with a sprayed in bed liner.

6 of one half dozen of other I prefer spray in Linux liner tough as nails and ni issues moving stuff like snowmobiles. carbides ate my plastic liner.

as the stuff I do for a living I move around lots of oily greasy, antifreeze brake fluidy stuff doesn't seem to bother the Linux liner the plastic liners swell up and distort with chemicals