Ford vs Chev vs Dodge

FLEX ROD

It's similar to the 2nd gen Tundra's bed bounce issue.

The Tundra's rear end did the same kind of thing when going over the expansion joints on concrete roadways and bridges.

Only way to stop it is to slow down.

They changed body mounts on the Tundra to fix the issue. Don't think that will work on the 250 though.

That death wobble is generally limited to those vehicles with a solid front axle such as Jeeps, and 3/4 Ton and up pick ups, etc. I have never heard of it on IFS trucks. There's a few items that can cause it, worn out ball joints, loose/worn track bar, worn steering damper along with putting oversize tires that exacerbate the problem. I experienced it a few times and let me tell you the old sphincter was undulating pretty rapid.

Tundrasolutions.com

Yes there are forums for all trucks but everybody seems so much happier with their trucks on this tundra onebits all in what makes you happy

Edited by Dara

They have a thread called. Things my tundra does that I didn't know

The red line on the backup screen is where the tailgate will be when you open it

Now that one I like. My Ford doesn't have that

Edited by Dara

Great feed back folks, and many thanks for bringing up the Toyota Tundra, nice truck..

After driving the f150 and the Tundra, the Toyota has a nice ride, but I am still on the fence about this I really did like the Highlander.

At this stage I now really have to look at the $$$ and make the call, stay tuned will update once I have made the purchase.

Many thanks,

FLEX

if you're a fisherman, a closed vehicle (SUV, Van, etc) will often meet needs better than pickup trucks.

if you have expensive tackle you don't want it rattling around the bed of a truck.

I RARELY have any fishing equipment in the bed of my truck. Everything is stored in the boat. The back seat of my truck is as large as any SUV to store anything you might want but I only have my sweatshirt back there in case it's cold when I get to the boat launch.

If you have or plan on having a 4X4 you can load that into the bed of the truck........can't do that with a SUV....also trucks hold their value better then most SUV's.

Only thing I miss from my SUV days was getting dressed in the rain under the overhead rear hatch for duck/deer hunting.

You're entitled to like what you like, but there are just as many Ford/Chevy forums as Toyota. You just haven't been looking.

As a Chevy guy, I'm fond of http://www.silveradosierra.com

My daughter has one of them...haven't heard any complaints

As I said on other threads about this...you buy the one that the drivers seat fits your a$$...cause there is nothing worse than an uncomfy seat

Edited by Dara

if you're a fisherman, a closed vehicle (SUV, Van, etc) will often meet needs better than pickup trucks.

if you have expensive tackle you don't want it rattling around the bed of a truck.

That's why we have rod lockers. I never have any tackle in my truck unless I'm going to the cottage without the boat. Even then it's minimal because I leave some stuff up there for fishing out of the tinny.

So hard these days to buy a vehicle. They all claim to be the best but get one made on a Monday or Friday and it could have a million problems with it. I have driven Toyotas since 1988 and have nothing bad to say about them. Depends how much you want to spend I guess.

If the back seat is going to be used by adults make sure you sit in the back before you decide. The distance between the wheel wells and from the front to the back should be able to fit your favorite toy and a 4x8 sheet. Ask you local mechanic which one he is most comfortable repairing. If you can buy it from a private sale you will get more for your money. Let a mechanic look at and read the computer before you buy. Some little old ladies dog there shiny pickup trucks like there is no tomorrow. All brands are good mine is the F150 and e250 ecoboost times two they have been perfect to me but I am big on maintenance and my local mechanic is a genius on fords.

Choose the one YOU like because it will be the one you maintain.

Art

Love my '12 ram 1500 quad cab hemi... and this is coming from a mustang guy.

I looked at all the trucks before making my decision.. and IMO a ram 1500 is the best bang for the buck in the used market.

Gas mileage stinks, but who buys a truck to worry about gas?

The 6.5' bed is great and no one ever sits in my back seat.

Buy what you like, all cars/trucks/suvs/anything mechanical have problems.

Well folks, it was a hard decision but I had to decide and thanks to a few folks, I did end up looking at the Toyota line.

Toyota had been great for me with the Highlander so I did end up finding a mint condition 2011 that did not go on the road till January 2012 Toyota Tacoma, that was bought / leased and maintained and traded in also at the same dealer.

The truck already had a bed liner and I negotiated a hard folding cover which was installed just before I picked it up on Thursday and also scored a great price for the step ups which will be installed today.

Did I get everything that I was looking for, no I did not, but under the conditions did I get what I think was a very good deal, you bet I did and to boot if I really wanted everything I would have had to have spent at least 6 - 7k more pre tax and that just did not make sense to me at this time, my next post will be up shortly which should shed a bit more light.

Many thanks to one and all for your great help.

FLEX

Well folks, it was a hard decision but I had to decide and thanks to a few folks, I did end up looking at the Toyota line.

Toyota had been great for me with the Highlander so I did end up finding a mint condition 2011 that did not go on the road till January 2012 Toyota Tacoma, that was bought / leased and maintained and traded in also at the same dealer.

The truck already had a bed liner and I negotiated a hard folding cover which was installed just before I picked it up on Thursday and also scored a great price for the step ups which will be installed today.

Did I get everything that I was looking for, no I did not, but under the conditions did I get what I think was a very good deal, you bet I did and to boot if I really wanted everything I would have had to have spent at least 6 - 7k more pre tax and that just did not make sense to me at this time, my next post will be up shortly which should shed a bit more light.

FLEX

Can't go wrong with the Toyota. I drove a 4Runner for 16 years and when I sold it, the guy drove it away. That truck saw every hockey arena and fire road within 200 miles of home. Bullitproof.

Can't go wrong with the Toyota. I drove a 4Runner for 16 years and when I sold it, the guy drove it away. That truck saw every hockey arena and fire road within 200 miles of home. Bullitproof.

Yep, gotta agree......as long as it's not a Dodge, Ford or Chevy truck you're good to go.......LOL

Nice, Tacoma's are a good choice, I wanted one for long time but was kind of hoping they'd come out with something a little more economical than the 4L cause I know a few guys with them.and they are pigs

FLEX

Welcome to the club!